• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

WHAT VIDEO GAME ARE YOU PLAYING??

Started by golum113, June 13, 2009, 11:17:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElfManDan

I don't play video games all that much, I usually feel like I've got to much to do to be playing video games (generally true), but when I do I most often return to two of my favorite games Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (the first one, occasionally the second) and Age of Empires 2.

Jobydrone

Currently:

PS3:  Batman - Arkham Asylum
XBox:  Fight Night Round 4
Wii:  Wii Sports Resort
PSP:  right now using various homebrew console emulators to try old games I never played but should have.  Working my way through Fire Emblem for GBA and Chrono Trigger for SNES.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

spaltor

NES (not kidding):  Tiny Toons Trouble in Wackyland
** Yes I still have it and it still works.
PS2:  um, it's mostly become a DVD player.  So Stargate Atlantis Season 2
Wii:  Animal Crossing City Folk
** I have the Ghostbusters game, but haven't tried it out yet.

ElfManDan

Pulled out my N64 (still my favorite system, just for the games) and have been trying to beat Jet Force Gemini, a game I loved when I was a kid and was never able to beat at the time. I've really been enjoying it.

Jaames

Quote from: Rico on August 25, 2009, 07:37:11 PM
Quote from: Jaames on August 25, 2009, 03:19:49 PM
I just had a second Seagate hard drive die on me which cost me about 20+ hours of Oblivion play time (and this is the second time so that's about 40+ hours of Oblivion advancement lost). So now that my spirit is crushed I have shelved Oblivion and started blowing things up and away instead. Just beat Timeshift, now playing Republic Commando.

Try Western Digital drives.  They have served me very well over the years.

That is what I switched to. A 640GB Western Digital Caviar Black Drive. I moved my "third" replacement Seagate drive to backup/DVR storage.

Jaames

Quote from: Jaames on June 23, 2009, 01:54:10 PM
I'm also predominantly a PC Gamer and I'm still playing Oblivion. I just closed my first Oblivion Gate 2 days ago, that's after 90+ hours of playtime. But I have a long list of games that I have bought but haven't played yet. (I like to finish one before I start another and Oblivion has been taking me a very, very long time.) Mass Effect, Splinter Cell 3, Psychonauts, Timeshift, A Bard's Tale, Sins of a Solar Empire, Galactic Civilizations II: Dark Avatar, Red Faction 1 and 2, plus a few more that I can't remember...

I don't know what I was thinking, I bought 4 more games over the last couple weeks. Halo 2, Mirror's Edge, Tomb Raider: Underworld, and Bioshock. My wife already calls my computer my mistress...

Jaames

Quote from: cassious on August 25, 2009, 09:14:10 PM
I picked up a computer game(It's called 'Beyond good and evil' and apparently made by the same guy who made the Rayman games) at a garage sale while I was at my sister's over the summer and just started playing it about two days ago.

For a two buck game, it's pretty awesome. You get to expose a government conspiracy, fight guys who, with no helmets on, slightly resemble Borg and do all this other cool stuff while being a reporter for a resistance-type newspaper. If you ever have the chance, you gotta get it, it's super fun!

That is a great game!

Jobydrone

Beyond Good and Evil 2 is supposedly coming out sometime in 2010.  The original is a game that I have heard many great things about but never played; it was a critical darling that did very poorly in sales.  I'd like to try it sometime.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Jobydrone

PS3:  Batman - Arkham Asylum (finished story mode, now trying to get all the challenge medals before playing through again on hard mode.  I usually never play through a game a second time on a higher difficulty, but this game is so good I want more!)

XBox:  Beatles:  Rock Band

PSP:  Final Fantasy VII:  Crisis Core & Final Fantasy Dissidia

PC:  Plants Vs. Zombies

Jobydrone

Thought I'd resurrect this old thread and see what my gamer trekkie friends are playing lately.

My list:

PS3:  Red Dead Redemption (awesome western sandbox style game, created by the same developers that brought us the Grand Theft Auto games, and very similar in scope and style to those games.  Loads of fun.)

iPhone/iPad:  Swords and Poker 2 (cute little puzzle game based on making the best poker hand with fantasy RPG elements)

KingIsaacLinksr

PC:  Mass Effect 2, FPS RPG game.  Ai War: Fleet Command & Zenith, RTS game that I'm having fun with.  Forged Alliance, yet another RTS game.  Tidalis, Puzzle game I featured on my Blog.  Portal, (only because its free again) Starcraft 2 BETA my 3rd RTS game but not having as much fun with as compared to Ai War.

iPod Touch: We Rule, Fun social kingdom builder.  Having a load of fun playing around in this game.  Space Miner, a sort of RPG space game I guess with action and pew pew.  Train Conductor, a great time strategy game.  Angry Birds, action. Words with Friends, and etc.

N64/GC: Nothing atm

Retired from MMOs right now or I'd mention Eve Online.  No, I am not playing all of these everyday, but I mix it up just to make it interesting. 

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Blackride

I am playing through all the Fallout 3 expansions. Love that game!
Ripley: Ash. Any suggestions from you or Mother?
Ash: No, we're still collating.
Ripley: [Laughing in disbelief] You're what? You're still collating? I find that hard to believe.

QuadShot

Blackride, I played through the Fallout 3 and the expansions too. I agree, it's a pretty good game.  However, I got totally hooked on Modern Warfare 2, especially the online, multiplayer action! I know this makes me a bit twisted, but after a very frustrating day at work, I like coming home and taking all that agression out on virtual enemies.  Sick, huh? :)

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: QuadShot on June 02, 2010, 07:46:00 AM
Blackride, I played through the Fallout 3 and the expansions too. I agree, it's a pretty good game.  However, I got totally hooked on Modern Warfare 2, especially the online, multiplayer action! I know this makes me a bit twisted, but after a very frustrating day at work, I like coming home and taking all that agression out on virtual enemies.  Sick, huh? :)

Just think....your boss may be on the other end XP

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

sparrow

ds Pokemon pearl im a Pokemon fan
game cube call of duty finest hour
wii sonic and the secret rings
xbox knights of the old republic

keep your finger light on the trigger