• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

New Knights of the Old Republic game!

Started by Bryancd, June 05, 2009, 03:22:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Quote from: Chris-El on November 19, 2012, 03:08:41 PM
Who cares, I play once a week and I like sabering things.

Me too!!!   :starwars:

X

Quote from: KingIsaacLinksr on November 19, 2012, 02:23:40 PM
The free-to-play section of SW:TOR is too restricted for me to bother with. There are ways to restrict F2P players that make sense. EA went out of their way to restrict everything you do in the game to the point that its silly and a waste of time. You can't sprint. You can only use two quick-keys. And so many other restrictions. Just...why... It wouldn't kill EA to at least attempt to make their customers feel appreciated, but they seem hell-bent on making sure they aren't at this point.
If you are playing for free, you're not really a customer. Participant sure, customer? Not in even the loosest sense of the word.

ChrisMC

Well, you have to purchase the game for 60 bucks. At least I did. And paid 6 months or so in subscriptions.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: X on November 19, 2012, 03:18:00 PM
Quote from: KingIsaacLinksr on November 19, 2012, 02:23:40 PM
The free-to-play section of SW:TOR is too restricted for me to bother with. There are ways to restrict F2P players that make sense. EA went out of their way to restrict everything you do in the game to the point that its silly and a waste of time. You can't sprint. You can only use two quick-keys. And so many other restrictions. Just...why... It wouldn't kill EA to at least attempt to make their customers feel appreciated, but they seem hell-bent on making sure they aren't at this point.
If you are playing for free, you're not really a customer. Participant sure, customer? Not in even the loosest sense of the word.

Ok, potential customer. Otherwise you wouldn't be playing the game in the first place. But I was also referring to the "preferred status" customers who are still restricted in what they can and cannot do.

http://www.swtor.com/free/features

That list is ridiculous. You do not need to restrict that many features in order to get people to pay for the game. Even the "preferred" customers are restricted far more than I would consider fair. I've seen other successful F2P MMOs do a lot less restrictive methods on the free users. This really isn't a "free-to-play" MMO. This is more of a very restricted demo and I would recommend either subscribing to the game or moving to a different MMO. There are some really good ones out there.
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Jobydrone

Hey I just started this game and I'm really enjoying it!  Anyone that's still playing please post your game name and server your playing on...pretty please?  I hate meeting new people and would still love some friends to play with 😉😉😉
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Jen

I will post my character name this weekend...I can't remember it off the top of my head, otherwise I'd post it now. I have a Jedi and an Imperial Agent. They're not very high ranking and I'm having trouble getting through some of the boss fights alone. Would love to play with friends.
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast