• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

A Day in My Star Trek T-shirt

Started by ElfManDan, May 26, 2009, 09:41:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElfManDan

So today I was just being normal and I went out in my Star Trek T-shirt. It's blue with all the captains from all 5 series on it. Anyway I've done this before and never has anyone ever comment or made a note of it, well maybe once or twice, but that's in many a times of wearing it out and about. But today I had three conversations that started from people noticing my T-shirt, one of them was a pretty girl too. To bad I had class to get to. I have never had a worthwhile conversation about Star Trek with a girl and never has one actually been the one to bring up the topic.
But I think it goes to show how much the new movie has revitalized Star Trek. I'm suddenly getting noticed as the geek that I have never been noticed for before. I have to wonder if geek is becoming cool suddenly.

Meds

Hold on. You carried on going to class even though a lovely young lady into trek stopped you to have a chat. Are you mad? ;-)

Feathers

I'm not sure I could handle suddenly being cool (!) though the concept of these things simply being accepted as Normal is quite attractive :)

Sadly I think I'm passed the stage where pretty girls would dream of approaching me anyway ;(

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

ElfManDan

Quote from: HawkeyeMeds on May 26, 2009, 11:48:14 PM
Hold on. You carried on going to class even though a lovely young lady into trek stopped you to have a chat. Are you mad? ;-)

I'm having regrets on that myself. It was a bit of a shock to me when it happened if I am honest. And I was in a rush with a big project due.
Apparently I'll have to wear my Trek shirts more often now with this sort of thing happening.

Rico

STAR TREK - the new chick magnet topic!   :)

billybob476

Worked with my wife! Well, that and alcohol...

:D

sheldor

Quote from: Rico on May 27, 2009, 05:34:29 AM

Trek groupies...troupies.  Hell hath indeed freezen over. :D

billybob476

Quote from: markinro on May 27, 2009, 06:31:29 AM
Quote from: Rico on May 27, 2009, 05:34:29 AM

Trek groupies...troupies.  Hell hath indeed freezen over. :D
I think they're Chris Pine groupies...

X

I'm still at the part where speaking to a cute girl was interrupted for class. You should have asked yourself "What would Jim Kirk Do?"

Class was not the logical response.

Meds

moyer777

Yeah, well Amy loves me in my Trek Shirt.  :)

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Meds

We love you in your Trek shirt Mr M. ;)

PepperDude

LOL! :laugh: You guys made me laugh today.  Oh, how I miss girls. . .anyway, I assume you'll try to find this girl again, Sheppard?

ElfManDan

Quote from: PepperDude on May 30, 2009, 10:07:07 AM
LOL! :laugh: You guys made me laugh today.  Oh, how I miss girls. . .anyway, I assume you'll try to find this girl again, Sheppard?

I kinda doubt it, but maybe if I wear my Star Trek shirt again I'll find another.

Trekkygeek

Quote from: moyer777 on May 27, 2009, 12:26:11 PM
Yeah, well Amy loves me in my Trek Shirt.  :)

Rick,,, I love you in your T Shirt mate ;-)
You could learn something from Mr Spock Doctor..... Stop thinking with your glands"