• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Wizard magazine 212 listed their Top 25 Sci Fi series of all time.

Started by SPOCKFAN, April 29, 2009, 10:15:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SPOCKFAN

Star Trek the original series was all the way down at number 7
X-Files was 8!
and they had Buffy all the way up at #4

It

Rico

They should do another poll after May 8th.  It's all about recent memory and who actually takes a Wizard Magazine poll.

SPOCKFAN

It wasn't a poll. It was a list that the wriers and editors of the magazine came up with. It actually is a good read, and a great list. Just not in the order I would of picked. But thats to be expected.

Rico

Ahh - even less revealing then.  Just a few guys coming up with their picks.

SPOCKFAN

exactly, but it was a fun article. they list and go over each of the 25 best and they have sidebars on shows that just missed and why, and an interesting sidebar listing their 10 most hated shows of all time(10. Small Wonder).
Also listed top animated shows.
Their top 5 Sci Fi shows of all time were
5. Battlestar Galactica
4. Buffy the vampire slayer
3. Star Trek: The Next Generation
2. The twilight zone
1. Doctor Who

Meds

Geekyfanboy

Yeah I agree with alot of them.. but there were huge sci fi hits that were missing from the list... at least in my opinion.

SPOCKFAN

What are some of the series you think should be on the list? Just curious. I think Futurama should be on the list

Geekyfanboy

Farscape, Star Trek Deep Space Nine, Star Trek Voyager, Stargate just to name a few.

SPOCKFAN

Yeah I would put all of those ahead of Dark Shadows and The Dead Zone

Jen

Alias and Alien Nation should have be on the list (maybe they are?). And...were these guys Brits by any chance? ;)  Doctor WHO is better than Star Trek?  Pishaaaawww.
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

SPOCKFAN

I know right! Alias and Alien Nation did not make the list. It is an american magazine but maybe they have some british writers on staff.
Although I have to admit Doctor Who does seem to be a great show. I just started watching it

PepperDude

Hmm. . .were Supernatural and Highlander: The Series any good? Better than DS9 which didn't make the list?

KC

Quote from: Jen on May 06, 2009, 11:03:28 AM
Alias and Alien Nation should have be on the list (maybe they are?). And...were these guys Brits by any chance? ;)  Doctor WHO is better than Star Trek?  Pishaaaawww.

I won't lie, I enjoy Doctor Who just a tad bit more than Star Trek--but I'm just a little bit biased because it is my first sci-fi love.  :wub