• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Ready Room # 53

Started by Rico, April 15, 2009, 08:48:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

New Ready Room is up - # 53.  Thanks to the talented team that continues to work on these and does such a great job.  You all rock!    :metallica:

http://www.treksinscifi.com/podcasts/TreksInSciFi_Ready_Room_53.mp3

Jen

Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Meds

Cheers Rico, looking forward to listening to evryone. thanks to our glorious hosts as well, you do a great job :)

Feathers

I love the Ready Room :)

Actually, for what it's worth, I enjoy it just as much as a writer as I did as a listener.

Thanks guys. Downloaded and ready to go.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Geekyfanboy

Let me know what you think of us not introducing each writer and reader between post readings.. We might go this route from here on out as it's save me tons of time editing and the story seems to flow without the interruptions. We of course will thank everyone after the readings are done.

Let me know what you think.. thanks

Meds

I havnt heard it yet but i think its a good idea, though i would put at the end Written by etc etc etc and read by etc etc etc.

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: HawkeyeMeds on April 15, 2009, 02:07:52 PM
I havnt heard it yet but i think its a good idea, though i would put at the end Written by etc etc etc and read by etc etc etc.

well that would defeat the purpose ... :)

Meds

No i mean like a credit thing that you hosts could say i dont mean after every reading i just mean at the end of the ready room. You know written by kenny, jen, rick, rico, dan, mike, chris, eric , meds and read by Mike, kenny, jen, Rick, dan and meds if you get my jist, that would be around 30 seconds. Doesnt matter just a idea.

X

Here is my take:

Pros:

- I enjoyed the flow of the story. It sounded great. I wouldn't even mind the removal of the transition chimes between readings.

Cons:

- While I  do like the readings, I like the discussion of the story more. I like to get the take of the hosts on things that are going on and a different insight to the story progression. If I had a choice I would go for more host comments, theories of the direction, and character analysis than the readings. To me, the readings are a great way to share the story, but I like the cast better when it was more a review of the week before, the story as it is, and speculation on the future. It feels more like a podcast about the story.

If I had to put all of that into a better term, I would say that I like it better when you "review" the story and highlight interesting "clips". Providing the whole story doesn't give people much motive to get on the boards and read it for themselves. I think if they have to come in to get the whole story, we might get some that want to stick around and join in the writing.

Does that make any sense? I hope it didn't sound negative because I like the current format, I just prefer something more interactive and review like format.

Geekyfanboy

Oh no you misunderstood what I asked..

We are still doing our reviews and such.. just not on this show because we were all super busy.

I was asking more about the post readings section..

Rico

Kenny - here is a thought.  Why not let those doing the recording of the posts do the intro part too?  They can easily say, "This is Jen reading a post written by Just X."  It would ease things up for you, plus still get that info in there.

X

Oh! For me it doesn't matter. If someone wants to know who wrote what, they can hit up the forums. All of those introductions add time to what could be more content goodness.

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Rico on April 15, 2009, 03:30:37 PM
Kenny - here is a thought.  Why not let those doing the recording of the posts do the intro part too?  They can easily say, "This is Jen reading a post written by Just X."  It would ease things up for you, plus still get that info in there.

Thanks Rico.. besides it taking time to edit the intros I was thinking more of a story flow.. does it sound better not to be interrupted every few minutes with who wrote and read it.. I like how it's like one long story being told from different people.

Rico

I tend to like the little breaks and intros myself.  Since this really isn't one flowing story as many people are writing it and scenes tend to shift quickly.

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Rico on April 15, 2009, 04:11:10 PM
I tend to like the little breaks and intros myself.  Since this really isn't one flowing story as many people are writing it and scenes tend to shift quickly.

Thanks Rico for your input..