"Better Off Ted" - new comedy

Started by Rico, March 18, 2009, 05:26:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

This looks great!  I want a job at this place.  Show starts tonight (3/18) on ABC.

Better Off Ted Teaser

sheldor

Geekyfanboy

OMG.. that was way too funny... I have heard about the show since I watch The Ellen Degeneres Show and her wife Porsha De Rossi is one of the stars of it and she talks about it.. but man this looks like a must see for me.

billybob476

This looks great. Kind of reminds me of a cross between Big Bang Theory and The Office.

As Zaboo would say...PVR'd!

KingIsaacLinksr

Haha, I can't wait to watch it.  It looks like a good comedy.

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

moyer777

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

billybob476

Well I really enjoyed the first show. It's very witty. I like the fact that while Ted definitely is a 'comapny man' he seems to have some humanity which makes me relate to him. Also usually I don't like smart-alecky kids on shows but I do like his daughter who seems to act as his moral compass.

So overall, fun characters, good gags and some heart.

Keeping this on the PVR for the foreseeable future.

sheldor

That was hilarious - Eureka meets Office Space.  The killer pumpkin - OMGorshk !!

Rico

Enjoyed it a lot too.  Kind of cool that Ted stood up for the guy they wanted to fire at the end.  I liked Portia a lot in it too - very good comic timing.  Definitely keep watching.

Rico

If anyone doesn't know, this series has been showing some new episodes the last few weeks.  Here's a great part from a recent one.  (So many big, corporate presentations are just like this.)

Jabberwocky Moment 8-11 - Better Off Ted

Geekyfanboy

I love this show.. so funny

I love how they open each show with a commercial for their company.

sheldor

Quote from: Rico on August 14, 2009, 08:50:38 AM
If anyone doesn't know, this series has been showing some new episodes the last few weeks.  Here's a great part from a recent one.  (So many big, corporate presentations are just like this.)

Jabberwocky Moment 8-11 - Better Off Ted

oh - jabberwocky.  The dancing - too much!!  Yes - I have been in these kind of meetings.

billybob476

Is it me or is this show on very sporadically?

sheldor

Summer season - usually programming is like that.  Thank goodness for dvr because I never know when the show is new.

Rico

Quote from: billybob476 on August 14, 2009, 12:24:09 PM
Is it me or is this show on very sporadically?

I'm not sure about Canada airings.  It had a trial run here in the spring for maybe a couple of months, then went away for a bit but has been airing every week for the last month or so here now.  I think these are episodes from season one that didn't make it on the air in the spring.  They are showing them now since it got renewed for a second season.  Another reason I love TIVO Season Pass.  I never miss things with that.