• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Hello from the Maekong

Started by globeTrekker, February 28, 2009, 01:44:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

globeTrekker

This is a long overdue introduction; I posted about the Golden Compass film a year or so back, and having recently discovered the mobile "version" of this site I'm hoping to join in the discussions more often. I'm a full-time backpacker - I usually work about 4 months a year and travel the remaining 8. I don't often have the opportunity to watch television or films, but love SciFi/Fantasy and of course Star Trek (esp. TNG and VOY) I am a HUGE fan of George R.R. Martin's ASoIaF series as well as the new Battlestar Galactica (of which I've yet to see the last 2 seasons or so) I was also a big fan of the X-Files and like watching bad/B-movies (and great classics) from the SciFi genre; enjoyed the related podcast.  I don't know much about RPG's but may try out the new/upcoming GRRM game.  No longer reading comics, but still have a special place in my heart for them as they were my life at one point as a kid.  Looking forward to many new friends! :)

Feathers

Welcome to our little part of the online world. (I assume you're not logging in from a starfleet runabout? - Sorry. The thread title makes an attempt at humour irresistable)

Feel free to pop in whenever you get some form of connection, wherever you are.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Rico

Welcome - again.  Glad to have you with us.  Sounds like you have an interesting life.  Love to see some pictures from your travels.

Jen

Welcome! Life as a full-time backpacker...sounds like a novel or a movie begging to be made. :) 
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

iceman

Geekyfanboy

Wow professional traveler.. I love it..

Welcome to our geeky family. Do you document your travels? Sounds like a interesting life.

moyer777

way cool, welcome to our band of geeky ruffians. 

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Meds

Wow a rambling geek, how cool. Welcome to the forums, i hope you'll share your travelling tales as i love nothing more than know about interesting places.

M-5

Dangelus

Welcome! Sounds like you lead an interesting life and have many stories to tell!

ElfManDan

KC

wraith1701

Welcome, globeTrekker; glad to have you here!  :)

MaxFazu