• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Knights of the Guild Podcast

Started by Geekyfanboy, January 12, 2009, 06:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

Well it's official.. I'm going to be co-hosting a monthly podcast about The Guild. Working out the details now.. doing it was a another second season volunteer. Should be alot of fun. Hope you guys listen once it's up and running. First show should be up in Feb.

moyer777

I will be one of your fans.  Of course I already am.  :). Looking forward to this kenny.

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Feathers

Point us at an iTunes link and we'll be there!

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Meds

Great news on the podcast kenny, keep us informed and i'll be subscribing straight away.

Geekyfanboy

Hey Guys.. I'm in search for a name for The Guild podcast I'm starting. We want something that  non-fans would see and know what it was about. I posted this question up on The Guild forums and here are some of their ideas..

Raiding The Guild
Guildtastic
Guild'd
The Guildcast
Guildcast'd
Last Night a Guildie Saved My Life
Raiders of the Lost Guild
Filled with Guild
Jenni and Kenny - The Guilden Years
Smack my Guild Up
Maximum DPS
Away From Keyboard
Knights of (the) Guild
Proven Guildy
Guildy Pleasures
Guild Trip
Guild Complex
A Guilded Cage
Record'd
Podcast'd
In the Guild
Behind the cheesy beard
The Guilded Age

Do you like any of these or do you want to add yours to the list? We need to name it in the next few days.. thanks for the help guys.

billybob476

Well there already seem to be podcasts named Guildcast and Guildies which would be to clearest names. All the Zaboo variations Like Guild'd or Podcast'd are funny, but the apostrophe will make life difficult for people to find the show and for domain names.

Inside the Guild could be a good one, I kind of like Behind the cheesy beard but that's a little specific since Cheesy Beard's only showed up in one episode.

Damn this is tough!

Geekyfanboy

Wow.. I guess I should have looked up the names first.. Guildcast is taken but he has posted his last show almost a year ago.. our would be The Guildcast. We were leaning towards The Guildcast (but now I don't know) and Knights of The Guild (a play on their guild name Knights of Good). But yes it's tough.. that's why i'm looking for opinions. :)

moyer777

Life with Codex
My weekends with the Guild
Guild gone wild
Growing up Guildy
Get your Guild on
Guildtropolis
Guild Smash
Treasure of the Guild
Behind the Guild
Guildatron
As the Guild Turns
Great Guild!
We cant' say WOW  :)
Life in the Guild
On the Guild again
To Guild or not to Guild
Swimming with the Guild
Traveling with the Guild
Voyages of the Guild
The Guild BTS
The official Guild Podcast

wraith1701

I'd keep it simple and straight to the point. Something like "The Guildcast" or even "The Official Guild Podcast".  That would make it easier for folks to look up online, and would let newcomers know exactly what the podcast is about.   

Feathers

I'm with wraith on this.

'The Official Guild Podcast' may sound a little less exciting/interesting than some of the more outlandish names but the key to play on is surely the 'inside' or 'official' or 'authorised' angle.

Geekyfanboy

It's Official we have named our podcast - "Knights of The Guild" The Official Fan Podcast of The Guild.

Geekyfanboy

Okay I got my website up and submitted my podcast to itunes.. but you can hear a promo we did on the website. I'll let you know when the feed is up on itunes.

http://knightsoftheguild.podbean.com/

Geekyfanboy

We commissioned the same guy who did the art for The Guild opening to do a piece for the podcast.. it turned out fantastic...

moyer777

THAT IS SWEEEEET!  Awesome job on that! 

Feathers

Good likeness! Erm...is it OK to say that? ;)