• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Biggest Snowfall in Britain in two decades. Photos please.

Started by Trekkygeek, February 02, 2009, 03:27:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trekkygeek

So we were promised a significant snowfall in the South of England and I was a little sceptical, whenever we are promised snow, it always is just a couple of spots and hardly ever settles here on the South coast. So when I awoke this morning and drew the curtains back, I was a little surprised to see the world covered in white. Beautiful. Soon, telephone calls were being made back and forth telling us not to even risk going out in the van. Here are a few shots of my little Close and It would be cool to see some other pictures of snow covered Britain. I know that manyof you Yanks are used to this but it really is quite unusual for here.
You could learn something from Mr Spock Doctor..... Stop thinking with your glands"

Trekkygeek

You could learn something from Mr Spock Doctor..... Stop thinking with your glands"

Rico

Nice.  Glad to see we are sharing our awesome winter weather with you.

Bryancd

Trekkygeek

The only snow plough I have ever seen is on the TV. We do have gritters, but there was  no chance they were going to work. We simply don't get this weather often enough to warrent the council spending money on a snow plough. Perhaps I could be the next Mr Plow

Feathers

Snow ploughs? What are they?

I think they have them 'up north' but down here in the soft south we never need them (and the council wouldn't know what to do with them if they had them).

Do the warm sunny bits of the US own snow ploughs?

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Rico

What's your temperature suppose to do for the next few days?  Is it all just going to quickly melt away??

Trekkygeek

Well its above freezing here and normally the snow melts very fast indeed. I'll wager that if we don't get any more snowfall, this will all be gone from the South Coast in a couple of days.

Geekyfanboy

Great video Tim.. love seeing the kids in the snow and seeing how close that store is to your place. :)

celestialteapot

I think pretty much all West End shows were cancelled today (W00T!) so I've got an unexpected day off because of the show. I took these pictures in Regent's Park :)

(more can be seen on my Flikr page)

This question has baffled mankind for all eternity... why don't sheep shrink in the rain?

Rico

Pretty!  The black & white works great for those.  Or are those in B&W?

moyer777

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

celestialteapot

The only one that's in B&W is the last picture, but I think because it's so grey out and with all the white everything I took looks B&W! Glad you like :)
This question has baffled mankind for all eternity... why don't sheep shrink in the rain?

Meds

I got sent home from work early today. Managed to drive even though i've knackered up my left big toe driving back though was different. I actually did a side slide into oz car parking space. Very dangerous around here, drive safe Brits.

billybob476

I know you guys don't really need them but I swear by these guys:

Love my Toyo Observe G-02 Plus winter tires! I've had them on my last two cars, they eat snow for breakfast.

http://www.toyocanada.com/products/ObserveG02plus.asp#