News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Reading Character Profiles

Started by Geekyfanboy, January 26, 2009, 03:17:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Rico on February 04, 2009, 04:54:53 AM
Kenny - I didn't download the file yet but if it's over two hours I might split it in half.  That's a bit longer than I like to release all at once.

Rico I know your limit that is why I pulled 8 profiles... the shows length is one hour and 29minutes and some seconds.. just under your limit. :)

Rico

Ahh - cool Kenny.  I wasn't quite sure if you meant it was 2 hrs. before or after the cuts.  Thanks.  I'll try and get it up tonight.

billybob476

Just out of curiosity Rico, do you like 1.5 hours or less for bandwidth reasons or just because you feel more is just too long to listen to?

Rico

Quote from: billybob476 on February 04, 2009, 08:08:04 AM
Just out of curiosity Rico, do you like 1.5 hours or less for bandwidth reasons or just because you feel more is just too long to listen to?

A bit of both.  I used to try very hard to keep the podcast to about an hour, then that slipped to about 1 hr. 15 min. (which is about the average these days).  I can live with 90 min, when needed.  One thing from listening to a lot of other podcasts, hearing comments from people is some tend to drift away if you go too long in one chunk.  Some shows I listen to can start to ramble at times.  In business I think the rule is about an hour for a meeting.  School classes are many times about an hour.  TV is usually 30 min. or an hour.  Anyway, it just comes down to a bit of a personal preference too.

Geekyfanboy

Okay by popular demand the next RR will be the remaining 8 Main characters and a few of the NPC characters... so now I need folks to Read for me..

Lt. Otak - Wraith1701

Ensign Fissual - Billybob
Lt. Tucker - Billybob

Ensign (nurse) Caine - Dangelaus
Rina Grant - Dangelaus

Ensign Dunn - BryanCD

Lt. Plummer - Jen
Tev-Awash - Jen

Please let me know if you can not do these.. also please have them to me by Sunday evening. Thanks.

wraith1701

I'm in; I'll have it to you sometime Saturday.

Bryancd

Geekyfanboy

Dangelus