Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Reading Character Profiles

Started by Geekyfanboy, January 26, 2009, 03:17:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: wraith1701 on January 30, 2009, 05:26:43 PM
Quote from: Bryancd on January 30, 2009, 04:11:10 PM
Kenny, i sent you K'arath and have recorded my other 2 but the files are so big gmail won't work. Suggestions?

That's weird, Gmail normally sends pretty good-sized files for me.  Have you tried compressing them?  Maybe if you zip them, they'll be easier for Gmail to handle.

How are your readings coming along?

wraith1701

Quote from: StarTrekFanatic5 on January 30, 2009, 05:27:50 PM
Kenny, i sent you K'arath and have recorded my other 2 but the files are so big gmail won't work. Suggestions?

That's weird, Gmail normally sends pretty good-sized files for me.  Have you tried compressing them?  Maybe if you zip them, they'll be easier for Gmail to handle.

Each time I listen to a take, I find something about it that I don't like, and end up doing it again.  But I'll have them to you by tomorrow afternoon at the latest. 

Bryancd

Gmail sucks. these files are over 10Megs even compressed. I'll use YouSendit.

Bryancd

Quote from: wraith1701 on January 30, 2009, 05:38:43 PM

Each time I listen to a take, I find something about it that I don't like, and end up doing it again.  But I'll have them to you by tomorrow afternoon at the latest. 

Wow, really? I just read them, was this supposed to be ....more dramatic?

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Bryancd on January 30, 2009, 06:42:22 PM

Nope.. just introducing the listeners to all the characters.

Geekyfanboy

I need someone to read Joseph Dcallan, Theran Dcallan, Cassey peterson, Myella Peterson. I had asked Meds and he sent me an email but forgot to attach the files and now he is offline till next Thursday. Do I have any volunteers.. if not it's no biggie as I can read them myself.

thanks, Kenny

moyer777

I just saw this.  Kenny, can I get them to you tomorrow night?  SAT?
is that too late?

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: moyer777 on January 30, 2009, 09:42:51 PM
I just saw this.  Kenny, can I get them to you tomorrow night?  SAT?
is that too late?

No that would be great.. thank you so much Rick.

wraith1701

Quote from: Bryancd on January 30, 2009, 06:42:22 PM

I'm just doing a straight reading, but I'm hyper-critical of how I sound recorded. I keep managing to flub words.

billybob476

I just finished mine up. Straight reading for all except for Dennis. Jen wrote it in the first person so it just begged to be given some personality. It's the most fun I've had doing a reading so far.

billybob476

Quote from: wraith1701 on January 31, 2009, 05:06:40 AM
I'm just doing a straight reading, but I'm hyper-critical of how I sound recorded. I keep managing to flub words.

Doing these I've come to realize that they'll never be exactly the way you want them to be. The first few readings I did I would redo like 10 times each. Now I do it 3 times max and that's only if I really mess up and lose my train of thought.

Basically if I keep redoing one I end up saying "Ok, this is the last one, no matter how this goes I'm using it."

The cool thing about Audacity is that if you flub, just wait a second, restart the sentence from the beginning and the re-listen and select the flubbed sentence and simply hit delete. As long as you leave some dead air before you can trim em nice. Each of my readings usually have 3 to 5 edits in them.

Meds

Hopefully my phone will allow me to post. Thank you Rick for bailing me out. Sorry Kenny for screwing up my email to you i can only put it down to recording it when i was packing everything up for the move and being a air head. You can put me on the naughty step. Hopefully i'll be back up and running soon.

wraith1701

Quote from: billybob476 on January 31, 2009, 11:07:40 AM
Quote from: wraith1701 on January 31, 2009, 05:06:40 AM

Doing these I've come to realize that they'll never be exactly the way you want them to be. The first few readings I did I would redo like 10 times each. Now I do it 3 times max and that's only if I really mess up and lose my train of thought.

Basically if I keep redoing one I end up saying "Ok, this is the last one, no matter how this goes I'm using it."

The cool thing about Audacity is that if you flub, just wait a second, restart the sentence from the beginning and the re-listen and select the flubbed sentence and simply hit delete. As long as you leave some dead air before you can trim em nice. Each of my readings usually have 3 to 5 edits in them.

Good advice; thanks! 

I sent you the two readings Kenny; let me know if there are any problems.

Geekyfanboy

I just wanted to thank all those who helped in reading these posts. I just finished editing it and ran well over two hours.. I had to cut 8 profiles ( I may squeeze them into next weeks podcast) But I got everyones main character and then the more used second characters. If you guys like this podcast maybe for next weeks RR we can do the remaining main character and then some of the more commonly used NPC's.

Thanks again for all your help. We couldn't do the RR without all your guys help.

Rico

Kenny - I didn't download the file yet but if it's over two hours I might split it in half.  That's a bit longer than I like to release all at once.