Waffle On Podcast from Meds

Started by Meds, January 21, 2009, 04:20:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meds

Pete i'm a Huge Keith Floyd fan, the man is a legend of having a slurp while cooking.

stansnig

Just finished the Man who would be king podcast, excellent stuff.  I must re-watch this, I nearly did over Christmas.  I feel Amazon calling!

Time Bandits podcast, great idea!
stansnig

Meds

Very sad news. Philip Madoc has sadly passed away. Myself and kell saw Philip last year and as usual i regret not taking more time in chatting with him. He is most well known for playing the german in Dads Army (what is your name, dont tell him pike) and in porridge. A wonderful actor with a fantastic voice. RIP Philip.
http://youtu.be/560rnXaIEi4

Zarabeth32

Hey Meds!

As I've been listening to the latest podcast on "The Man Who Would be King," it makes me think of all the movies I've seen with Sean Connery and Michael Caine.

Sean Connery: Darby O'Gail and the Little People (Favorite), a few of the Bond films, Finding Forrester (Favorite), Avengers (not so much of a favorite), Dragonheart (awesome voice as a dragon), First Knight (love the chemistry between the three main leads), League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (it was ok), and The Rock.

Michael Caine: Dressed to Kill (very creepy movie), Miss Congeniality (loved him in that), Second Hand Lions (great movie), Hannah and her Sisters, Educating Rita, and Little Voice (he was such a great con artist in that!)

Just thought I would add that in. I love these two actors. I will definitely need to add this movie into my Netflix and see this movie.

Hope that your cold feels better soon!

Hugs!

Z
In honor of my still living father - "I drank what?"

Bromptonboy

Love 'Darby O'Gill and the Little People'!  They played that in an old cinema near us just recently, and I brought the wife and kids. 

When I think of Michael Caine, I always think of 'Zulu', and 'Alfie'.  I have a recording of him reading Rudyard Kipling's 'If' on my iPod that I make the kids listen to now and then....  :)  But I am a sentimental old fool....
Pete

Meds

Great choices Z, some rare choices there as well. Pete Zulu is always a classic film.

Pyrovile

Great mini waffle about food shows.  You didn't mention one of my favorites, Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall.  We just finished watching the Three Hungry Boys and The Fabulous Baker Brothers.
Reavers!

Meds

I rather liked the fabulous baker brothers but it looks like they wont get a second series. Killed by twitter i think.

Pyrovile

Quote from: HawkeyeMeds on March 11, 2012, 01:57:55 PM
I rather liked the fabulous baker brothers but it looks like they wont get a second series. Killed by twitter i think.

No kidding?  Do tell.
Reavers!

Meds

Well twitter was awash with people banging in about how 'smug and middle class' they are. Audience figures dropped a bit but not enough for such ridiculous comments.
I'd love to see a second series, I made several dishes from that show.

Meds

EUROPEAN PODCAST AWARDS.

Well the results came out today ans we are rather happy with it. Waffle On Podcast came 10th in the Personality catagory in the UK section. Considering all the podcasts that were nominated we are very very happy. I would like to thank our listeners and a special thanks to every one who voted for us. You Rock. Also a big thanks to Rico here on TSF who allows us to advertise our shows.

Zarabeth32

CONGRATULATIONS MEDS AND KEL!!! That's wonderful!!!

:D ;D :cheering :cheering :cheering :cheering

Z
In honor of my still living father - "I drank what?"

M-5

Meds

billybob476