• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Trek on cable TV

Started by Rico, January 18, 2009, 05:56:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Looks like WGN is going to be showing a lot of TNG this year.  Here's a little mini chart showing what Trek is showing where.  And don't forget that CBS online still shows original Trek for free.  At least to those in the States I think.  And ABC is still also showing the TOS enhanced episodes too.  Usually late at night on the weekends.

Ktrek

What I'll never understand is why fans who own all the DVDs still will watch the broadcast but I know fans that do. It seems silly to me. I am glad to see that there is a lot of Trek on TV for those who need it or want it though, but where is DS9?

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Rico

Many don't own the DVD's.  I only have season one of the new, enhanced TOS.  Plus, even I will pop in and see what they might be showing from time to time on TV.

billybob476

Same here. I actually don't own any of the DVD's. Even if I did, sometimes you need to have an episode thrown at you to watch it.

Feathers

We do very well for Trek here. At least we do if you have a digital receiver.

Virgin air at least one episode nightly, sometimes two with a different schedule for weekends. In the last year or so I've seen the first 4 seasons of TNG, 5(?) of DS9 and we're currently as far as  season 4 of Voyager. I think it rotates back to DS9 next Monday, hopefully they'll run all the way throug :jemhadarh to the end of 7 before changing again.

Who needs DVDs!

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

jedijeff

It is strange, but even though I might have a show or movie on DVD, and it shows up on TV, I might watch at times. Maybe like Billybob said, you just need it thrown at you. A lot of times, I might come across it well flipping channels, and will be drawn in, sometimes if friends are over, you get to talking about it, and start watching.

Did not know Enterprise was on HDNet, will have to keep an eye out for it.

Geekyfanboy

Yeah I own the DVD's of all the TV series but still watch them on TV if I come across them. If Star Trek is on then I have to watch it.. it's just that way in my household.

Dangelus

I wish they would broadcast the remastered TOS in the UK.

I have the season 1 HD-DVDs but they haven't released 2 & 3 (DVDs) in the UK yet...  :'(

Rico

Another thing is I get the Sci-Fi channel in HD.  So things like Enterprise are nice to watch on air, since I only have the DVD's of those.

Dangelus

HD broadcasting in the UK is nowhere near as flexible as you guys have it across the pond. There are solutions but they are very restrictive and the selection of channels is still not up to scratch for the cost.

Things will begin to change (or at least it will be easier) when Windows 7 and it's Media Center is released. I'll have access to HD satellite channels.   ;D

I would LOVE Sci-Fi Channel HD!!