• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Forum Members as Trek Characters

Started by Jen, January 14, 2009, 11:29:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jen

I have been racking my brain trying to recast TNG characters for Rico's contest. I have a few people on my list but I'm not sure if I'm ready to send them. I had an easier time casting the forum members in TNG. I think it would be fun to do that in this thread. Any character from any Trek Series can be recast by a forum member. I'm going to start with TNG and them move on to other shows later.

Here's my TNG list based on personality:
Worf: Wraith1701
Dianna Troi: Angela
Geordi: Billybob476
Riker: BryanCD
Data: Just X
Chief O'Brian: Meds
I had TrekkyGeek on my list for Picard, simply because of his bald head and great accent. Other than that personality wise, I'm not sure. :)
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Bryancd

LOL! Great idea, Jen! Am I pre-beard or bearded Riker?! And bring me my wife, Angela!

Jen

Quote from: Bryancd on January 14, 2009, 11:31:33 AM
LOL! Great idea, Jen! Am I pre-beard or bearded Riker?! And bring me my wife, Angela!
Shaven Riker. ;)
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

ElfManDan

Oh, oh, I could be Wesley. I don't think I fit the age range for any of the other characters and I could be more than not annoying, I think my high school friends could attest to that (they weren't big geeks likes me).

Meds

Ha ha, Chief O'Brian, I'll go with that. ;)

Darth Gaos

I call "Redshirt" or "Miscellaneous Crew Member in Hallway of Enterprise as Captain Picard and Commander Riker Walk By in Deep Plot-Related Conversation"!!! :)
I think it was Socrates who spoke the immortal words:  I drank WHAT?

Jen

I guess I'd have to be Ensign Ro... Without the tood. ;)
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Bryancd

Quote from: Jen on January 14, 2009, 07:02:34 PM
I guess I'd have to be Ensign Ro... Without the tood. ;)

YES! That's exactly who you are!

X

Data? I can be Data ... but do I want to know why I'm Data?

Jen

You're the guru of Technobbble. And if I need to know something Trek related for the RPG, I ask you.   ;)
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Darth Gaos

I want to revise my answer.....I could be Lt. Barclay

I'm in the engineering field and I am not the most extroverted person also with a bit of his obsessiveness when it comes to tasks....plus I would love to have access to a holodeck.

But if someone more qualified claims him I will be happy with my previous choices.
I think it was Socrates who spoke the immortal words:  I drank WHAT?

Jen

You're Barclay? Really? I've never gotten that impression from you. But, I understand what you mean. Online is different than real life.  I'm normally very quiet and David likes to say that I'm anti-social...but only because I'm not a "social butterfly" as we call them. I guess that's why I hang out with people like Angela..they tend to pull me out of my shell.
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Geekyfanboy

yeah I have to agree with Darth.. I have been trying to think who I might be in the TNG world and Barlay is the closest..  good with technology but nervous around people.

Rico

I'm probably a blend of Riker and Data.

Feathers

Not sure where I sit in this happy crew. Need more thought.

I'm not sure I could recast one from scratch either.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.