• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Crazy weather!

Started by Rico, January 14, 2009, 06:04:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billybob476

I can't remember the last time it snowed in Toronto. It's been too cold!

-10 C (14 F) today.

Trekkygeek

We have been forecast some serious snowy weather here in the south east of England for tomorrow. This is quite a big thing because the snow very rarely settles on the South coast, we have the South Downs protecting us. But this latest storm is coming form Russia and they say we cold get up to 6 inches of the stuff, can't wait.
You could learn something from Mr Spock Doctor..... Stop thinking with your glands"

Feathers

It's trying to snow here now. Tomorrow could be interesting!

Sadly, I live close enough to the office that I can probably be at work no matter what happens.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Trekkygeek

Quote from: Feathers on February 01, 2009, 04:54:02 AM
It's trying to snow here now. Tomorrow could be interesting!

Sadly, I live close enough to the office that I can probably be at work no matter what happens.

Bummer
You could learn something from Mr Spock Doctor..... Stop thinking with your glands"

institches

Okay, has anyone ever heard of this happening? For a full five minutes (or maybe more!) water, in droplet form, fell from above. Today! In San Diego! Do you think maybe it was an airplane in trouble? Or maybe a UFO? (It was too cloudy to see if there was something...)

Oh, no, I think it's happening again...

alanp

Last week, we got a lot of snow and ice and I got stuck three times.  After pushing the car out the first time, the car took off up a hill by itself!   I ran, caught it and dove into the floorboard to press the break with my hands before it went down a huge hill.

When I got home the county had left an 18 inch snowmound in my driveway, when they cleared the road that my poor car could make it over.  That was a rough day.