• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Recasting TNG! Contest!

Started by Rico, January 13, 2009, 06:20:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Just a little reminder about the contest I announced on the last podcast.  The idea is to recast the eight main roles from TNG with new actors.  Again, this is just for fun and not meant as saying that the TNG cast is too old or anything like that.  You have about two weeks to get your lists to me (either PM or email's).  Then I will post the lists and there will be a voting period.  The one with the most votes wins!  The characters to recast are:  Picard, Riker, Data, Geordi, Worf, Troi, Crusher, Wes.

Rico

Got your entry Meds.  Some neat ideas.

Dangelus

Rico when you announced this on the podcast I thought, "easy!"

Having thought about it..... it's not so easy!   ;D

Trekkygeek

Just sent mine in.
Had a tough time with a couple of them though.
You could learn something from Mr Spock Doctor..... Stop thinking with your glands"

Meds

Cheers Rico, Oh man i struggled for an hour, and my wife wasn't much help ;)

Trekkygeek

I breezed through them with the excetion of Data and Geordie.
It would be interesting which character was most difficult to recast.
Your thoughts guys?
You could learn something from Mr Spock Doctor..... Stop thinking with your glands"

Rico

It is somewhat difficult - I know as I have worked up some ideas of my own.  But I thought it would be a fun thing to do.

Dangelus

You're not kidding. I am determined to put an entry in though at some point! I will not quit!   ;D

ElfManDan

Quote from: Trekkygeek on January 13, 2009, 01:52:21 PM
I breezed through them with the excetion of Data and Geordie.
It would be interesting which character was most difficult to recast.
Your thoughts guys?

I had the hardest time figuring out Geordie and Wesley, not that they all didn't pose some amount of a challenge to pick. This turned out to be harder then I thought it would be.

Meds

I had trouble with Beverly, i guess its because she's my least favourite character in TNG.

Darrell

I'd probably use completely unknown but very talented people... and since they're unknown, I can't enter the contest.  ;)  j/k

The reality is, I'm not up on all the available actors in Hollywood these days... although if I were, I'd be a great casting director I think.

X

Okay made my suggestions and then added Data that I missed.

Rico

Neat ideas.  Thanks for the PM.

jedijeff

This is tough, still trying to figure out Dr Crusher, Georide and Data.

Rico

Getting some cool ideas for this.  About one more week to get your lists to me.  Then I will post them up and we will all vote.