• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Heroes Volume Four "Fugitives" (Spoilers)

Started by Geekyfanboy, December 11, 2008, 12:57:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryancd

Yeah...ok, so I just finished watching the episode. Did I miss something? How is it Claire can now knock a guy out with a kick and board a moving plane through the wheel well like she was John Mclaine from Die Hard? And folks will only get sucked out of an airplane until the cabin pressure equals the outside pressure and they were about 500 feet above the ground towards the end there. WEAK.

X

Quote from: Bryancd on February 03, 2009, 05:12:59 PM
Yeah...ok, so I just finished watching the episode. Did I miss something? How is it Claire can now knock a guy out with a kick and board a moving plane through the wheel well like she was John Mclaine from Die Hard? And folks will only get sucked out of an airplane until the cabin pressure equals the outside pressure and they were about 500 feet above the ground towards the end there. WEAK.
From your lips to the writer's ears. How is it that we can accept powers, but that whole plane sequence shatters the suspension of disbelief?

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Just X on February 03, 2009, 05:14:22 PM
From your lips to the writer's ears. How is it that we can accept powers, but that whole plane sequence shatters the suspension of disbelief?

Didn't ruin my suspension of disbelief... I was loving it.. but it seems like I'm the only one here.

X

Quote from: StarTrekFanatic5 on February 03, 2009, 05:44:24 PM
Didn't ruin my suspension of disbelief... I was loving it.. but it seems like I'm the only one here.

I really tried to love it, but it just wasn't there.

KingIsaacLinksr

I'm trying to love it too...but there are really big gaps in logic and hopefully it pulls together in the next few.  Don't get me wrong, I liked it better than enemies, but the only character I really like is Silar.  The rest are kinda meh right now....

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

moyer777

I just got done watching.  Cool episode, great entertainment.  Should be interesting to see how everything works out.

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Bryancd

Quote from: Just X on February 03, 2009, 05:14:22 PM

Exactly, it somehow just made me so annoyed as it was such a weak plot /action device that just didn't work. I am ok with their powers, but don't do lame stuff like that, they weren't out in space!

moyer777

Ok, after watching this week's episode of Heroes...

I'm not thrilled with the whole... let's get revenge on these folks.. been there done that...  I mean, we will see if it works, but that isn't the direction I expected the whole thing to go. 

Nathan bothers me.  His character has turned strange to me, I mean he has always been complicated, but come on.  Maybe it will all work out in the end and we will understand why he went psycho.

But...

Sylar Jr.?  That was not only an intense plot line.. ouch!  But Very interesting.  Must be his step brother?  Yeah?

I sure love Hero and Ando. 

Is super speed girl done for good?  I sure hope not.  I love her character and think she is a fine actor as well.

Claire is confident, then scared, confident, then scared.  What gives?  Come on Cheerleader, save the world!

We shall see, we shall see...   :yoda

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Dangelus

Yeah not sure where it is going now.

They keep killing people off just like that! Or is she? hmmm

I agree, the most interesting plot line at the moment is Sylar and his 'apprentice'... (microwave boy?)

I'll keep on watching!

KingIsaacLinksr

I have to agree with the above people. 

Sylar's storyline is the only intriguing and suspenseful part of the whole series.  He at least has been very consistent in the whole heroes series.  (Well, ok, if you ignore last season....)

The dialogue from the others is down right annoying.  "We need to take revenge to survive and...all that crap".  Speed girl killed...wha?... And why is Hiro even here?  He's got no point for being here. 

Its confusing and annoying to watch.  I'll keep watching in hopes they pull through but...to be honest, this is there last chance season to pull it off.  I have heavy doubts that if they screw it up like last season that they will be renewed. 

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Dangelus

The writers had written themselves into a corner making their characters too powerful and now they are back-peddling to try to find another way out.

Hiro - great character but too powerful. If you can travel through time you can change anything at any time. Without powers his presence in in question although he is still a great character.

Peter - was too powerful. If you can absorb EVERY power you are exposed to without affecting others what is to stop you? His power has been downgraded to compensate.

Ando - was given a power to explain his presence since Hiro is now powerless. With his boosting power he is useful to the others.

Sylar - back to his original power of 'stealing' powers usually by killing. He seems to have forgotten how to take them without killing (making him a lot like Peter was). Still very powerful but his gaining power has serious consequences that can affect the plot; people have to die.

Maybe they have something amazing up their sleeves... Here's hoping.

X

A simple fix for Peter would have been one power at a time, but keep them all.

Dangelus

Quote from: Just X on February 10, 2009, 09:29:26 AM
A simple fix for Peter would have been one power at a time.

That's what he does have now. Confirmed in this week's episode. Seems like he can only absorb the power through touch as well which is another downgrade. (Rogue-much?)

X

Quote from: Dangelus on February 10, 2009, 09:37:01 AM

That's what he does have now. Confirmed in this week's episode. Seems like he can only absorb the power through touch as well which is another downgrade. (Rogue-much?)
Went back and edited my post. meant store them but have to cycle through them.

Dangelus

Quote from: Just X on February 10, 2009, 09:38:31 AM
Quote from: Dangelus on February 10, 2009, 09:37:01 AM

Went back and edited my post. meant store them but have to cycle through them.

An interesting concept. I'm sure Peter has used more than one power previously in the series but I can't recall any specific scene. I know Sylar does it all the time, usually telekinesis and another power together. Probably would have been too difficult to portray and explain on film.