• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Heroes Volume Four "Fugitives" (Spoilers)

Started by Geekyfanboy, December 11, 2008, 12:57:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feathers

Quote from: Dangelus on February 03, 2009, 06:34:14 AM
Just finished watching...

hmmm not sure what they are trying to do. I suppose it is early days yet.

I assume you've found an alternative way to watch since it's not back on the BBC over hear yet is it?

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Dangelus

Quote from: Feathers on February 03, 2009, 07:35:40 AM
Quote from: Dangelus on February 03, 2009, 06:34:14 AM
Just finished watching...

hmmm not sure what they are trying to do. I suppose it is early days yet.

I assume you've found an alternative way to watch since it's not back on the BBC over hear yet is it?

I've not watched any TV shows that I follow on regular television for a couple of years now. I have Sky TV and I pay my license fee but I prefer 'alternative' ways to watch for convenience .  ;)

X

Quote from: Rico on February 03, 2009, 05:32:09 AM
I guess I just maybe have never understood Nathan.  The things he seems to believe in make little sense to me.  Nuking a city?  Arresting people that he has worked along side with??  All for the greater good?  What good is that?  Again, I don't see the motivation.  Especially considering how opposed he was to his father.

As far as the powers, well they covered all that in the last story arc.  Peter has his basic power back to absorb other abilities.  It just seems he hasn't built up a group of powers again yet because he has been laying low.  Hiro is another story.  I agree, he needs to get his powers back.  At least to a degree.  He has always been one of my favorites.  And how the heck did he get from Japan to New York so quickly after they captured him? 

Anyway, as you can tell I'm pretty disappointed in the current direction of things.
If you notice carefully, Peter seems to have lost the ability to hold on to powers. After touching the Ice Princess, he lost the super strength. That's what I'm upset about. Does he borrow them or does he steal them until he finds another?

Dangelus

I don't get it either. I don't remember how he his original power back and you're right, it works differently now. Doesn't he collect powers anymore?

Rico

Quote from: Just X on February 03, 2009, 09:13:27 AM
Quote from: Rico on February 03, 2009, 05:32:09 AM
I guess I just maybe have never understood Nathan.  The things he seems to believe in make little sense to me.  Nuking a city?  Arresting people that he has worked along side with??  All for the greater good?  What good is that?  Again, I don't see the motivation.  Especially considering how opposed he was to his father.

As far as the powers, well they covered all that in the last story arc.  Peter has his basic power back to absorb other abilities.  It just seems he hasn't built up a group of powers again yet because he has been laying low.  Hiro is another story.  I agree, he needs to get his powers back.  At least to a degree.  He has always been one of my favorites.  And how the heck did he get from Japan to New York so quickly after they captured him? 

Anyway, as you can tell I'm pretty disappointed in the current direction of things.
If you notice carefully, Peter seems to have lost the ability to hold on to powers. After touching the Ice Princess, he lost the super strength. That's what I'm upset about. Does he borrow them or does he steal them until he finds another?

Hmmm, I didn't notice that at all.  If that is true that is even different than he was when the series started.  Seems odd to me.

Geekyfanboy

Peter in the beginning just had to be near someone to pick up their power and then he retained it. His father took that power, Peter then injected himself with the serum and it didn't revive his previous power.. it gave him a new power(this is only from observation) but his new power is taking the power from someone by touch, not sure about the not being able to keep it, or he can only have one power at a time. Still too early to know.

Dangelus

Thanks for clearing that up Kenny. I think so much happened at the tail end of the first half of the season that i lost track a little. Glad you were paying attention!  ;D

Rico

If that is the case, again it doesn't make sense to me.  Why wouldn't the serum just reactivate his original power?  They have kind of implied that people have certain "gifts" or powers that just need to be activated in some way (serum, an eclipse, etc.).  Anyway, again just seems odd to me.

X

Quote from: Rico on February 03, 2009, 11:07:45 AM
If that is the case, again it doesn't make sense to me.  Why wouldn't the serum just reactivate his original power?  They have kind of implied that people have certain "gifts" or powers that just need to be activated in some way (serum, an eclipse, etc.).  Anyway, again just seems odd to me.
It doesn't make sense to me either, which is why I'm not happy. This is also why he's struggling to stay on the plane. If he still had nathan's power, he could just fly and be safe.

I think that the problem is that his powers were normal and he didn't need to touch Nathan to fly them to safety. Then when the show returns, he only has the flying and not the fire powers of the other guy that was in the room with them.

Whatever they decided to do with Peter, it seems clear that they stripped him and Hiro of their all powerful space and time powers, but at the same time, Sylar got to keep all of his powers. I thought, at first, that they were just resetting Peter's abilities to avoid the time travel issues and requiring two people to move in time. Then when the show returns, we have Hiro who is still powerless, but could have gotten some Serum from the wonder twins using their speed and power boost abilities.

I think that they destroyed Hiro and Peter all in one episode and I'm hesitant to see what they screw up next. I'm also upset that they didn't cover what happened to the marines who did get the injections.

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Just X on February 03, 2009, 12:30:39 PM
I'm also upset that they didn't cover what happened to the marines who did get the injections.

As far as I recall only one Marine got the injection before they destroyed it all.

X

Quote from: StarTrekFanatic5 on February 03, 2009, 12:44:09 PM
Quote from: Just X on February 03, 2009, 12:30:39 PM
I'm also upset that they didn't cover what happened to the marines who did get the injections.

Only one Marine got the injection.
Nope, we only saw one getting the injection, but a the begining of Duel, Nathan says that there were a dozen marines being injected as he talked to Peter. Maybe it was a throw away line, but I thought it was more of a factual statement.

KingIsaacLinksr

I have to agree, although I enjoyed the episode, Peter and Hiro are characters that are destroyed.  I mean, its simply saddening to see the two most favorite heroes of mine just pretty much removed from their powers and given roles in which they don't fit.  They need to rework this before its too late and they lose all the support they have.

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Kinglinksr on February 03, 2009, 02:06:34 PM
I have to agree, although I enjoyed the episode, Peter and Hiro are characters that are destroyed.  I mean, its simply saddening to see the two most favorite heroes of mine just pretty much removed from their powers and given roles in which they don't fit.  They need to rework this before its too late and they lose all the support they have.

King

Wow It's only been one episode.. who knows what is going on with Peter and Hiro.

X

Quote from: StarTrekFanatic5 on February 03, 2009, 03:14:22 PM
Quote from: Kinglinksr on February 03, 2009, 02:06:34 PM

King

Wow It's only been one episode.. who knows what is going on with Peter and Hiro.
You're right Kenny, it's only one episode, but something about it just didn't sit well with me. I really don't like what happened to Hiro and Peter. While I can surmise the reasons behind it, it still rings a bit forced and lacking. The only capture sequence that seems to ring true for me was the attempt on Sylar. Everyone else on the show seems to have momentary IQ drops during their capture.

Bryancd

I could care less about Peter, but Jamie and I love Hiro and Ando.