• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Mitzi Gaynor

Started by Kirk-Fu, December 06, 2008, 05:54:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirk-Fu

Not sure how many of you are old enough to remember her, but she was an incredibly talented singer/Dancer/movie/broadway star from the 50s, 60s, and into the 70s. And let me just add, smokin' HOT! Still looks great.

Anyway, they had a great special on PBS tonite about her career. One of the TV specials she did in the 70s was called Mitzi Gaynor and 100 Guys. The usual variety show fair, lots of musical numbers. But in one big dance scene they bring out just about every guy that was on TV at the time. Andy Griffith, Mike Connors, Rich Little, Greg Morris, and on and on.
Well.....who pops up at one point and gets a big smooch from Mitzi?

THE SHAT!

No doubt the one man who seems to always be anywhere and everywhere.

Well, good stuff. Im a child of the late 60s, and 70s. The stuff means a lot to me. Love seeing these things.
Here is a website with info on her for those who might be interested.
http://missmitzigaynor.com/specials.htm

Rico

That's pretty cool.  I know the name and have some vague memories of her.  Neat stuff!

Kirk-Fu

Sometimes I think 'Spot the Shat' could be a drinking game. Never know when he will pop up.

Ktrek

Mitzi Gaynor was a great star in her day. Unfortunately so many people have no clue as to who she is and how wonderful she was. Her most famous role would probably have been in South Pacific (1958) or her earlier role in Gene Kelly's film Les Girls (1957). I wish I could have seen that special!

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine