• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

New Upcoming Podcast schedule

Started by Rico, November 24, 2008, 09:11:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wraith1701

Sounds cool!  Also sounds like a good excuse for me to finally buy a video camera!

Rico

Little web cams work too and many plain still cameras can record little video snippets!

Darrell

Ah a video.  Good excuse to break out the Klingon head again.

Rico

A little update that I just put up on the main site page.  Still need that April guest host.

April 5th:  Skype Call show

April 12th:  "Star Trek: Nemesis"

April 19th:  Guest Host Surprise

April 26th:  TOS - "The Menagerie"

May 3rd:  Pre-Movie Party (vidcast)

May 10th:  "STAR TREK" - the new movie (vidcast)

billybob476

Wow, the movie is fast approaching, isn't it?

Darrell

Hard to believe The Menagerie hasn't been covered yet.  I have a little 7" Talosian on my desk at work.  :)

As always, I'll have something to say.  There is a ton of interesting history behind this episode and The Cage.  Will stick to commenting on The Menagerie.  ;)

Oh and lookie at my icon there to the left!

Rico

I've covered "The Cage" before so I kind of let "The Menagerie" wait.  But now seems to be a good time just before the movie hits.

Feathers

Just trying to get some cohernt comment together for Nemesis. I've recorded one but it's at 5 minutes right now.

May try a shorter version before sending it on.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Rico

Last shot for trying to wrangle up a guest host or hosts for April 19th.  A bit more than a week away now. 

Feathers

Sorry, I can't do something that soon but I do have an idea germinating for a future show. I'll probably be in touch about that.

My only worry is that I'm not sure I'll be able to pull it together - I don't work well unscripted, it seems, so it will probably take me an inordinate amount of time to get something usable. I know what I want to say but can't just do it off the cuff.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Rico

That's ok Mike.  I'll come up with something for that weekend if I have to.

Darrell

While fact-checking on my Menagerie script, I found that Jeffrey Hunter died in 1969 at age 42 of a stroke.  Wow.  I'd heard this back when I was much younger, but reading it again now I realize that is super young!  Ack!

Or more accurately, the stroke caused him to fall and fracture his skull - which was the injury from which he then died.

Jen

Quote from: Darrell on April 10, 2009, 01:50:50 PM
While fact-checking on my Menagerie script, I found that Jeffrey Hunter died in 1969 at age 42 of a stroke.  Wow.  I'd heard this back when I was much younger, but reading it again now I realize that is super young!  Ack!

Or more accurately, the stroke caused him to fall and fracture his skull - which was the injury from which he then died.

Cheery. ;)
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Darrell

Rico

A couple comments about upcoming shows.  The May 3rd show I think I'm going to make audio and just kind of talk Trek in general, where it's been, where it might be going, hopes for the future of the franchise.  PLEASE send in audio clips for this if you can.  Accepting them from now until showtime.

The May 10 (or 11th) will be the BIG, post seeing the movie video show.  My idea/thoughts for this would be for everyone who has seen the movie and wants to, send in a couple minutes of video on your reaction to the film.  I may delay releasing this show until the Monday after the opening weekend.  Just to have a little more time for it.  No holds barred on this, and I will put a big spoiler tag at the start of the show.  This cast will discuss the movie in detail.  So see it fast!

So that's the plan - for now.