• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

New Upcoming Podcast schedule

Started by Rico, November 24, 2008, 09:11:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Could use some audio comments for tomorrow's podcast about the Matrix trilogy of movies.

Darrell

Gonna submit something for the TNG episode as usual.

I'll always submit stuff for TOS or TNG.

Thanks!

billybob476

Quote from: Darrell on March 03, 2009, 09:29:18 AM
Gonna submit something for the TNG episode as usual.

I'll always submit stuff for TOS or TNG.

Thanks!

The trek reviewer's trek of the week! :)

Darrell

Star Trek is something I truly love, so I am often critical when it fails to remain true to itself.  My contribution to this episode is going to be a very very positive one.  :)  Yeay!  And without much effort at all!

Rico

Looking for a guest host or hosts now for a show on April 19th.  Anyone interested?

Rico

Updated schedule: 

March 15th:  TNG - "Second Chances"
March 22nd: "The Wizard of Oz" & the Baum books (vidcast)
March 29th:  DS9 - "Past Tense" pts. 1 & 2
April   5th:  Skype chat (record on April 4th)
April 12th:  Star Trek: Nemesis movie
April 19th:  Guest hosted cast (TBD)

Meds

Oh Boo the only Saturday i'm out In April is on the 4th how typical of my luck that i'll miss doing the skype call.

cosmonaut

Quote from: Rico on March 11, 2009, 10:27:36 AM

I considered doing an audio-comment, but I don't have much to say about this episode (edit: it's a good show, but I think it will be well covered and I would only state the obvious) . On a hunch I looked up the name Thomas:

The boy's name Thomas \th(o)-mas\ is pronounced TAH-mas. It is of Aramaic origin, and its meaning is "twin".  :)
http://www.thinkbabynames.com/meaning/1/Thomas

Now their conversation at the end of the episode makes sense! :)

Poodyglitz

Quote from: cosmonaut on March 14, 2009, 11:23:13 AM
Quote from: Rico on March 11, 2009, 10:27:36 AM

I considered doing an audio-comment, but I don't have much to say about this episode (edit: it's a good show, but I think it will be well covered and I would only state the obvious) . On a hunch I looked up the name Thomas:

The boy's name Thomas \th(o)-mas\ is pronounced TAH-mas. It is of Aramaic origin, and its meaning is "twin".  :)
http://www.thinkbabynames.com/meaning/1/Thomas

Now their conversation at the end of the episode makes sense! :)

Do it anyway. It's nice to have the variety. You never know who will or who won't contribute audio. The more comments, the less work for the host. Besides, it takes your involvement in the community to another level.

cosmonaut

Quote from: Darmok on March 14, 2009, 11:42:20 AM
Do it anyway. It's nice to have the variety. You never know who will or who won't contribute audio. The more comments, the less work for the host. Besides, it takes your involvement in the community to another level.
You have some good arguments there. :)

I'd like to talk about the Riker versus Riker thing. But this is quite complex, every time they interact the underlying motives for their  quarrels are different ones. Relationship to Deanna, the difference in rank, their competitive nature, the reflection of their own weaknesses, trouble adopting to not be unique, some traits acquired in 8 years isolation/first officer on the flagship, regrets for/evaluation of paths chosen.

I could write an essay. I fail to bring it down to three minutes interesting comment.

Rico

For next week's videocast about "The Wizard of Oz" I put a call out at the end of today's podcast for little video clips from anyone that wants to send one in talking about the movie or Baum books and your thoughts on them.  Kind of short notice, but I just recently decided to make this a video cast for the OZ show.  Get these to me by Saturday, March 21.

Darrell

Would like to be a guest host sometime.  Sundays are usually not good for me.

Looking forward to the Wizard of Oz show.  There was some "rare unseen footage" released a few years ago.  I hope you can include it & talk about it.  I think they were goofs and cut scenes.

Thanks!  What ever you do, I'm sure it will be great.

Rico

Darrell you can record your cast anytime and send it to me.  If you want to guest host, just send me an email with your idea.  Still looking for someone for April 18th.

Poodyglitz

Quote from: Darrell on March 18, 2009, 09:38:21 AM
Would like to be a guest host sometime.  Sundays are usually not good for me.

Looking forward to the Wizard of Oz show.  There was some "rare unseen footage" released a few years ago.  I hope you can include it & talk about it.  I think they were goofs and cut scenes.

Thanks!  What ever you do, I'm sure it will be great.

Cool that old classics are getting covered.

Rico

Two things -

First, need a guest host or hosts for April 18th still.  About a month away so still plenty of time.

Second - had a cool idea today....

As we get closer to the May 8th movie release I had a thought for a special videocast for the weekend before (to come out on May 3rd). 

I'm calling it - "Our Hopes and Dreams for Trek"

The idea would be to do a short video and send it in talking about what you want out of the movie, your hopes for it, how you think it will do ($$$) and what your dreams are for the future of Trek.  I think it would be kind of cool to do this as sort of a time capsule a week before the movie and to have it to look back on after a few months - or more.  It can just be your predictions, your wishes, whatever.  Kind of open.

So - does that sound like fun?