• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

New Upcoming Podcast schedule

Started by Rico, November 24, 2008, 09:11:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bromptonboy

I still have an idea for a guest cast - I really have to get cracking on it. 
Pete

davekill

Quote from: M-5 on June 18, 2014, 12:58:57 AM
I can't wait to hear The Final Countdown.  Two of my favorite things put together:  Science Fiction and World War II.
Thanks, the movie is like a hybrid dcoumentary / sci-fi.
Made during Navy sea exercises.

One ship alone vs. the Japanese fleet.
Awesome cast staring Kirk Douglas :)

Rusted Robot

Hey Rico....I'd love to be your guest host for August 3rd.  Or any time really.  I've been thinking of some great ideas!

Rico

Quote from: Rusted Robot on June 22, 2014, 03:06:59 PM
Hey Rico....I'd love to be your guest host for August 3rd.  Or any time really.  I've been thinking of some great ideas!

August 3rd was taken by Dave last week.  Got to snatch up those dates when you can.  Be happy to have you do a show.  Just watch the schedule for an open spot.

Rusted Robot

Guess I wasn't fast enough....next time, Gadget, next time!

Meds

Yes what's going on with the big 500?? Does it involve cake ?

Rico

Quote from: Meds on July 01, 2014, 02:09:38 PM
Yes what's going on with the big 500?? Does it involve cake ?

Not quite sure yet.  Leaning towards a vidcast - and cake, of course!  :)

davekill

Mmmmmm, with mint frosting!

Looking for submissions?

Rico

Quote from: davekill on July 02, 2014, 12:30:45 AM
Mmmmmm, with mint frosting!

Looking for submissions?

Probably on both. I will let you know soon.

Bromptonboy

looking foward to it!  you have to be hitting some kid of podsphere record Rico.
Pete

Rico

Ok gang, I have two ideas for show #500.  Both involve ALL of you sending in a short video for a vidcast.

Idea #1:  Record a short video describing what Sci-Fi or Fantasy universe you would like to live in and why? Go into details about what type of person you would be in this universe and so forth.  Examples:  Trek-verse, Star Wars-verse, Buffy-verse, Harry Potter-verse, Game of Thrones-verse, etc.  You get the idea.

Idea #2:  Record a short video discussing some favorite "hidden gems" of genre movies, tv, books, etc. that you like a lot and want to get others to check out.  This could be things discussed on the podcast previously too.

I'm leaning towards Idea #1.  I think that could be a lot of fun to do.  I want to give folks time to do this, so let me know what you guys think soon.  I'm looking to get as many people involved as I can.  I want A LOT of participation.  I may offer a nice prize to motivate people.  What type of prize would motivate you?  Thoughts??

Bromptonboy

Pete

Bromptonboy

Oh, does the Katey-verse qualify for you?
Pete

Rico

Quote from: Bromptonboy on July 07, 2014, 01:01:09 PM
Oh, does the Katey-verse qualify for you?

The Starbuck/Galactica-verse qualifies.  Oh, this is going to tough.  I might have to pick a couple "Verses."  :)

Rusted Robot

I really like the first idea.  I haven't created video content before, and it sounds like a lot of fun.