• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

New Upcoming Podcast schedule

Started by Rico, November 24, 2008, 09:11:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Quote from: billybob476 on January 18, 2012, 04:05:57 PM
I can slide in the 19th if I can send you the file a few days before, I'm flying out west the 18th.

That would be great Joe!  Subject - or is it a surprise?

billybob476

Quote from: Rico on January 18, 2012, 04:26:26 PM
Quote from: billybob476 on January 18, 2012, 04:05:57 PM
I can slide in the 19th if I can send you the file a few days before, I'm flying out west the 18th.

That would be great Joe!  Subject - or is it a surprise?

I was thinking of the short-lived battletech animated series. Giant robots!

Rico

Sounds great Joe!  New update....

Jan. 22nd:  "Babylon 5" with Davekill
Jan. 29th:   The Year:  1985
Feb.  5th:   The "Alien" cast - with Bryan, Al & Marko
Feb. 12th:  DS9 - "To the Death"
Feb. 19th:  "Battletech" - TV with Joe (aka billybob)

WillEagle

WOW! Some great podcasts coming up. Looking foward to hearing them all. Don't know much about Battletech though so I might learn something.

PortlandJosh

I'm stoked for Babylon 5! As an adolescent I was in constant friction with my Dad, except on Babylon 5 night.  Popcorn and Ivanova always made perfect peace! :andorian

billybob476

Quote from: WillEagle on January 18, 2012, 07:28:46 PM
WOW! Some great podcasts coming up. Looking foward to hearing them all. Don't know much about Battletech though so I might learn something.

I don't think many people have seen/heard of the series so it could make for an interesting talk. Also it's a good introduction to the very big Battletech universe.

davekill

Quote from: PortlandJosh on January 18, 2012, 09:25:12 PM
I'm stoked for Babylon 5! As an adolescent I was in constant friction with my Dad, except on Babylon 5 night.  Popcorn and Ivanova always made perfect peace! :andorian

There where a number of Trek actors who did guest appearances in B5, my favorite was evil Chekov as 'Alfred Bester'

billybob476

Quote from: davekill on January 19, 2012, 06:12:05 AM

There where a number of Trek actors who did guest appearances in B5, my favorite was evil Chekov as 'Alfred Bester'

Love Bester! Looking forward to the B5 cast.

QuadShot

Still looking for any comments/questions you all might have for the upcoming Alien cast. We're recording this Saturday and I need the comments by this Friday at the latest. Only on the first movie please. Send audio or email to talespodcast@cox.net

PortlandJosh

Quote from: billybob476 on January 19, 2012, 06:19:02 AM

Yeah the evil Psycore was a really cool element to B5.  I could never stand Talia Winters (too whiny), so I always wanted to Bester to retire her lol. :andorian

ChrisMC

Quote from: PortlandJosh on January 19, 2012, 02:18:01 PM

Yeah the evil Psycore was a really cool element to B5.  I could never stand Talia Winters (too whiny), so I always wanted to Bester to retire her lol. :andorian
I met Walter Koenig at MegaCon once years ago, he was just hanging around and I walked up next to him and said how much I loved him on B5...he gave me that Bester look and turned to my wife and said "Has he told you what disgusting things he wants to do with you" It was classic. He turned it off and laughed. Cool guy. My fave character was Londo from that show. Looking very forward to the podcast!
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

davekill

Quote from: PortlandJosh on January 19, 2012, 02:18:01 PM

Bad guys must be awesome to play.
Bruce Boxleitner got his chance in 'Deconstruction of Falling Stars'. Word is after his scene was shot he just kept ranting and exicuting civilains

Bester's remark to Garibaldi -
"We learned some interesting things about Ms Winters in the course of her debriefing and dissect-- that is, examination."

PortlandJosh

The Narn were an awesome race! Like a combination of Klingon ruthlessness, and Vulcan diplomacy.  Plus, they looked a little Talaxian without the horrible hair.

bevs_plaything

A Babylon 5 podcast great!!!  It's not a word that is used in the same context in the UK, but to quote Portland Josh...I am stoked (too)!!  :)

PortlandJosh

Quote from: bevs_plaything on January 20, 2012, 02:36:08 PM

A Babylon 5 podcast great!!!  It's not a word that is used in the same context in the UK, but to quote Portland Josh...I am stoked (too)!!  :)
How about the word Giddy?  haha..  BTW I love that picture of the Submarine-Seaview.  Amazing, and not that well remembered.