• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

New Upcoming Podcast schedule

Started by Rico, November 24, 2008, 09:11:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryancd

I went back and did a wiki on movies from 1983 and didn't realize so many great movies came out that year, including non sci-fi classics like Risky Business, Term of Endearement, Trading Places and War Games!

billybob476

Not to mention so many bad movies like Krull and Blue Thunder :)

1983 and 1984 were amazing years for movies for some reason. It's like 1998 was for video games.

Rico

Yep, 1983 was a very BIG year.  Don't forget "Flashdance" too.  ;)

P.S.  And Joe, bite your tongue about "Krull."  I know at least Kenny and I love that movie.  Great music too.

billybob476

lol, I saw it recently, to me it's one of those "good bad movies".

Bryancd

I liked Krull as well and saw it in the theaters....but then again I liked Blue Thuder too. :) I actually got to see Blue Thunder in a private screening room at Columbia pictures New Your City office. The CEO at the time, Fay Vincent, kid's were friends of mine in school.

billybob476

I was 2 when these movies came out :)

Bryancd

billybob476

I think a week or so ago at work I asked out loud "So when do I stop being the youngest guy in the office? Because it hasn't happened yet!"

Rico

Enjoy it for now Joe.  The radio is playing the 9 at 9, songs from 1983!  Weird!

billybob476

Quote from: Rico on January 13, 2011, 07:03:23 AM
Enjoy it for now Joe.  The radio is playing the 9 at 9, songs from 1983!  Weird!
That sounds like a glitch in the Matrix to me...

Rico

Speaking of the Matrix, I think that was the next year I wanted to cover -> 1999.

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Rico on January 13, 2011, 05:33:54 AM
Looking back at the year 1983 this coming weekend.  Would love some comments on Sci-Fi of that year.  As a little help, here are some things from the year 1983:  "Return of the Jedi", "Superman III", "Krull", "Brainstorm", "V - mini series", and "The Twilight Zone Movie."  There are others, but that's a little sample of what I'll be covering.

Oh yeah thanks for the reminder.. I'll get something recorded hopefully tonight and send it off to you.

Rico

Don't forget those 1983 comments guys!  ;)

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Rico on January 14, 2011, 03:39:24 PM

What's the latest I can get this too you.. I've been sick the past few days..

Rico

Quote from: Geekyfanboy on January 14, 2011, 08:47:23 PM
Quote from: Rico on January 14, 2011, 03:39:24 PM

What's the latest I can get this too you.. I've been sick the past few days..

I record on Sunday mornings.  So, before then.