• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Family Guy meet The Next Generation

Started by Geekyfanboy, November 12, 2008, 02:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

The best part of the article is at the end...

McFarland Hints About "Family Guy" Future
November 12, 2008 by Michael Hickerson   || Category: TV

For a series that was once cancelled, "Family Guy" is doing pretty well these days.  So well in fact that Fox recently rewarded series creator and executive producer Seth McFarland with a new contract worth $100 million.

McFarland, who also serves as the producer for "American Dad" and the upcoming "Family Guy" spin-off "Cleveland" says the big pay day is nice but it won't change any of the series.

"In all honesty, my representative said I could get that much money and I didn't stop him," MacFarlane told CNN. "Can I spend a hundred million dollars? No. I'll spread it around a much as I can."

Moving away from the issue of money, McFarland looked into the future for what the popular animated series holds.  McFarland said the "Family Guy" team is hard at work on the follow-up segement to last season's popular "Blue Harvest" special.  The special was a parody of the original "Star Wars" and gave the series its best ratings of the year.  A follow-up, parodying "The Empire Strikes Back" is currently in the works

"As we got into the "Empire" episode, we found that it's almost twice as much work, but we'll get through it, somehow, and it'll be great. It's like redoing the movie," McFarland said.

Also coming up on "Family Guy" is something sure to interest "Star Trek" fans–a reunion of the cast members from "Star Trek: The Next Generation."

"In one episode, Stewie kidnaps the cast of "Star Trek: The Next Generation." They (the original cast members) all came back, reunited to do their voices for us," McFarland teased.

"Family Guy" airs Sundays at 9 p.m. EST on Fox.

Meds

Oh how much fun is that going to be. Fair play to the cast for doing the voices.

sheldor

Meds

billybob476