• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Texas Renfest (2008 & on)

Started by Jen, November 05, 2008, 08:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

I love all the people in costumes.. watching this makes me really want to go to our next renfest.

Rico

Quote from: Jen on November 07, 2008, 09:51:08 AM
All but one of our videos is up on youtube now. As always the quality suffers when we upload our files there. They were originally intended for small screens (iPods) so the quality might be better if you can download them and move them to your mp3 devices. I will make sure Angela keeps trying to put these in our feed, but until then here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/AnomalyPodcast

Cool stuff Jen.  Remember, if you upload a high quality Mpeg 4 video, You Tube will give people the high quality viewing option.  What type of file did you upload? 

Jen

Quote from: Rico on November 07, 2008, 11:56:30 AM
Quote from: Jen on November 07, 2008, 09:51:08 AM
All but one of our videos is up on youtube now. As always the quality suffers when we upload our files there. They were originally intended for small screens (iPods) so the quality might be better if you can download them and move them to your mp3 devices. I will make sure Angela keeps trying to put these in our feed, but until then here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/AnomalyPodcast

Cool stuff Jen.  Remember, if you upload a high quality Mpeg 4 video, You Tube will give people the high quality viewing option.  What type of file did you upload? 

Oh, I know... The video was shot in hi-def and the authoring files were created on my G4 using iMovie. My old Mac is tricked out but it isn't set up to handle exporting such large file sizes. I can only export ipod videos if the footage is hi-def. All future videos will be edited on David's computer which is tricked out to the max. :D

Until  Angela can sucessfully upload these videos to our feed...they are doomed to be this quality on youtube.
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Jen

Angela and I just returned from our yearly trip to the Texas Renaissance Festival this past Sunday (2009), and I finally had an opportunity to sift through our collective batch of photos. It was a real "frog strangler" this past weekend. That's Texas for: "it rained heavily". We named our camp the "Swamp Of Sorrows" because of its soggy nature. Luckily, the group we go with every year, had a motor home, a pop up trailer and an RV trailer. That, btw, is not the norm. Instead of pitching a tent in the the Swamp of Sorrows, Dave and I slept in the back of our SUV...NOT comfortable....I prefer the cold, hard ground to our Mountaineer. It did not rain the day we went into the fair, which was nice. The Texas Renaissance Festival is about 6 weeks long (Fair opens every weekend) and each weekend is themed. The day we went, it was Octoberfest (hence Angela's very appropriate German bar maid costume)  :)

As is my tradition, I wore my a pair of elf ear tips. I painted them myself, to make them match my skin tone. They always freak people out...sometimes people ask if I've "docked" my ears.

Angela made my skirt and altered my bodice to fit me better. I dyed my boots brown and weathered them, made my own purse and chose all the fabrics that made up my costume. I very much enjoy costuming. :)

Dave took all the shots of me... I don't think he photographed anything else at T-Ren this year. :)  Oh, Dave and I are going back to T-Ren in a couple of weeks. I'll make sure he takes photos of other people in their costumes. LOL.

Anyway, I plan to put all of our photos on the Anomaly Podcast Gallery soon. I'll add a link here when they're ready. In the mean time, here are a few photos of me, Dave, Angela, Jim and our our group.
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Jen

More...
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Jen

I'll post a link to our gallery with all the photos once I've uploaded them to our Flash Gallery. Look for that soon. Here's a few more.
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Jen

BTW, Stephanie (Angela's best friend from high school and frequent guest on Anomaly) is the woman in the flaming chain mail. She won "most original costume" with that dress at Dragon Con this year. Woot! :D
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

X

Very cool pictures! It made me miss the old place.

moyer777

Great pics!  Looks like you all had an awesome time!

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Ktrek

Great pictures Jen! It looks like a good time was had by all! I'm surprised that Kenny hasn't joined you guys for the festivities. Seems like his kind gig.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Jen

We did have fun. A funny thing happened this year, there were professional press photographers following our group around the fair. And anytime our group raised their voices or did anything silly, people stopped to watch us, like they do when the performers do something noteworthy. I'm pretty sure some folks were briefly convinced we all worked there. :D
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Meds

Fantastic photos Jen you all look great. I told you earlier but I'll say it here it's good to see Dave bearding it up again lol. Looks like so much fun :)

Meds

Ps I've refrained from saying it but I just can't help myself. Photo of Angela, what a great pair of jugs. Lol

CMOHamm

Wow, these are amazing pics...im a little jealous!

Rico

Great pics Jen.  You all look perfect and really fit into the era.