• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Lost Season Five - spoilers

Started by Geekyfanboy, October 22, 2008, 09:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dangelus

This season is just brilliant! Loving every second.

jedijeff

Great episode this week. Really liking how they are travelling through time on the island, and we are learning more about the others and the island through that way. Really cool idea. It was great to find out Charles Widmores connection to the island, I thought that was great, and never really expected it. Daniel's character is great, really liking what they are doing with him. I was thinking that the others did not age because of Richard, but now it is looking like maybe it is just Richard that doesnt age, and Juliette saying he is really old is making me wonder how old is he. Cool Cool Show.

moyer777

Have we covered this yet?  How is Locke dead in one time period, but alive in the other?  I just thought... hmmmm.  We don't see any other duplicate characters!  Well, unless you count charles.

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Dangelus

Quote from: moyer777 on February 03, 2009, 09:16:01 AM
Have we covered this yet?  How is Locke dead in one time period, but alive in the other?  I just thought... hmmmm.  We don't see any other duplicate characters!  Well, unless you count charles.

It's not clear that the island scenes and the 'non-island' scenes are in the same time period. Isn't there a scene with Ben where he says something like "haven't you told them what happen to the others when you left the island?" Perhaps the island scenes are re-telling this story?

Dangelus

Just watched episode 4. This show is just getting better and better!

I'm now pretty sure that the time travelling island people are from just after the others left the island, ie they are from 3 years in the past. So Locke must have got back and died somehow later on.

I wonder where they are going with all this time travelling? hmmm.....

jedijeff

I agree, each week it is getting better and better. I am really like the time travelling on the island, it is really interesting, and I like how we are seeing some events from the past. It was cool to finally see Rousseau and her team coming to the island, and liked how they mixed that in with the losties. Sawyer, Locke taking the boat was cool, I know probably not a major mystery, but I will be interested to find out who's boat it was and who was chasing them. Ben is cool, he seems to have his hand in everything, and laughed last night when he even had a Lawyer. The episodes so far this year have been a lot of fun.

moyer777

I too really enjoyed this episode.  I thought the stand out line was where Locke said he didn't want to change things because the pain had brought him to this point.  He implied that he needed it.  His character is complex, but very cool. 

Ben is such a liar, can we believe anything he says?

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Dangelus

Quote from: jedijeff on February 05, 2009, 07:03:17 AM
I agree, each week it is getting better and better. I am really like the time travelling on the island, it is really interesting, and I like how we are seeing some events from the past. It was cool to finally see Rousseau and her team coming to the island, and liked how they mixed that in with the losties. Sawyer, Locke taking the boat was cool, I know probably not a major mystery, but I will be interested to find out who's boat it was and who was chasing them. Ben is cool, he seems to have his hand in everything, and laughed last night when he even had a Lawyer. The episodes so far this year have been a lot of fun.

I bet the people in the other boat was.... themselves from a different point in time!

jedijeff

Yeah, I sort of was thinking it could be them as well.

I liked the Locke comment as well, reminded me of Captain Kirk from Star Trek 5, "I need my Pain!"

Rico

Loving "LOST" so much this season.  They are really pulling it all together.  This week's was really cool.  Can't wait for the next.

Dangelus

Anybody seen this week's show?

Spoilers!!

So is Christian Sheppard supposed to be Jacob?

This is getting really interesting!

sheldor

SPOILERS

Same here - time travel is starting to answer a LOT of questions.   Still want to know about big bad leathery-burnt-bacon smoke beast. ;D

Now, we will have to buy the DVD's and see how Daniel reacted when she meets Jin for the "first" time - unless the first time was really last night or maybe there never was a first time.   Do,do - do,do - do,do - do,do.

Rico

Another good episode last night.  I'm enjoying LOST more than ever this season.  One of the few shows I watch almost live.

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: Rico on February 12, 2009, 02:21:47 PM
Another good episode last night.  I'm enjoying LOST more than ever this season.  One of the few shows I watch almost live.

I heartily agree with you.  I can't watch it live because of my job (grr) but this show my parents are actually enjoying as much as I am.  The storyline just seems to work.  Unlike last season which had some hiccups. 

Last night was good too.  Be interesting to see what happens next week...

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

jedijeff

Quote from: markinro on February 12, 2009, 01:05:26 PM
SPOILERS

Now, we will have to buy the DVD's and see how Daniel reacted when she meets Jin for the "first" time - unless the first time was really last night or maybe there never was a first time.   Do,do - do,do - do,do - do,do.

I was thinking the same thing, if there would be any recognition for Crusoe wen she saw Jin, if they were ever on at the same time.

I am interested to see how Locke sacrifices himself. The scene with Christian Sheppard and Locke was interesting as well. especially at the end when he told Locke to say hi to his son.

Lost is so great, I am like the rest of you in that I have to watch it live, or as close as I can get.