How long should I go without syncing my ipod?

Started by alanp, October 13, 2008, 03:22:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanp

I've gotten behind in the podcasts i keep on there.  And now have several days worth of audio!  Episodes of the dave ramsey show, Treksf, twit, make it so, etc.  So I think I should see how long I can go before I need to resync.  Then it will feel like a big upgrade.

moyer777

I sync mine a couple of times a day, but then... that's me.  I'm addicted to it.  :)

Can you say Fresh Content?

:)

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

alanp

normally I do to.  But I mostly listen while I drive.  And I'm now driving less.  Sometimes I have to drive back from Tulsa in the middle of the night.  2 hours of me on a 2 lane road with nothing inbetween.  That's when I need Rico's episode reviews most!

alanp

I can't take it anymore, I have to sync and it's only been 6 days!

Rico

Jen

I go several months between syncs and my nano (1st Gen) is fine... I did notice that the time was off but that was amended easily when I synced recently.
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Meds

I sync mine everytime i go on itunes. I only have a 4GB so i need to remove the podcast that i have listened to.

Rico

Quote from: Jen on October 16, 2008, 08:19:32 PM
I go several months between syncs and my nano (1st Gen) is fine... I did notice that the time was off but that was amended easily when I synced recently.

Months??  How do you update your nano with new podcasts, music, etc. to listen to?  Or don't you use it much?

Jen

Quote from: Rico on October 17, 2008, 04:39:01 AM
Quote from: Jen on October 16, 2008, 08:19:32 PM

Months??  How do you update your nano with new podcasts, music, etc. to listen to?  Or don't you use it much?

I listen to podcasts at work on my Mac via iTunes. My iPod is reserved for music that I listen to as I drive or  the  MP3 Stereo system I have in my livingroom at home . :)
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

billybob476

Same here. Most of my podcasts are listened to while I work. I sync when I head out to the car (which is less often since I started working at home). Once I have a daily communte again I am confident my syncs will go back to every morning.

M-5

I sync every afternoon before I head out to work.  I gotta' have my podcasts and music for work.

celestialteapot

I sync when I remember where I've put my iPod. I don't have a particularly long commute to work and usually can't hear over the noise anyway so I tend to reserve my iPod listening for bed.
This question has baffled mankind for all eternity... why don't sheep shrink in the rain?