• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Vulcans Illnesses

Started by celestialteapot, September 18, 2008, 06:01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

celestialteapot

(This is probably slightly random)

Do you think Vulcan's get ear ache? I currently have crippling ear ache and usually when I'm ill I write a story that involves a character having a similar ailment, just because it makes me feel better. I imagine that their hearing is sharper than humans and they can hear a slightly higher frequency but I wonder if because of this they're got extra inner-ear protection...

Would they be likely to catch to certain human ailments, such as the common cold or by then would we have found a cure? Maybe there are certain Vulcan equivalent to measles, 'flu and whatnot...

Thoughts? Suggestions? Ear ache cures?
This question has baffled mankind for all eternity... why don't sheep shrink in the rain?

davekill

Star Trek "Enterprise" revealed a few surprises about the Vulcans.
If you haven't seen the series yet, you may find it Fascinating.

Hope your ear ache clears up soon.

Jen

Quote from: celestialteapot on September 18, 2008, 06:01:14 PM
(This is probably slightly random)

Do you think Vulcan's get ear ache? I currently have crippling ear ache and usually when I'm ill I write a story that involves a character having a similar ailment, just because it makes me feel better. I imagine that their hearing is sharper than humans and they can hear a slightly higher frequency but I wonder if because of this they're got extra inner-ear protection...

Would they be likely to catch to certain human ailments, such as the common cold or by then would we have found a cure? Maybe there are certain Vulcan equivalent to measles, 'flu and whatnot...

Thoughts? Suggestions? Ear ache cures?

I play a Vulcan in the RPG.  I've written about Sevryll's sensitive hearing on a couple of occasions...I think it's feasible that they would also have earaches. I hope your earache goes away too. :)
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

celestialteapot

Quote from: davekill on September 18, 2008, 06:11:36 PM

I watched the first season when it was on Sky One, I didn't really like it but I'm told that the fourth season was very good. Did they deal with ears?

Quote from: Jen on September 18, 2008, 06:17:22 PM

I play a Vulcan in the RPG.  I've written about Sevryll's sensitive hearing on a couple of occasions...I think it's feasible that they would also have earaches. I hope your earache goes away too. :)

I remember from a TOS episode they mentioned Spock having good hearing. For some strange reason I've got a mental picture of a Vulcan walking around with cotton wool in their ears...

I hope my ear ache clears up soon as well, I have to be up early for work and it's making sleep very difficult.
This question has baffled mankind for all eternity... why don't sheep shrink in the rain?

davekill

Quote from: celestialteapot on September 18, 2008, 06:24:33 PM
Quote from: davekill on September 18, 2008, 06:11:36 PM

I watched the first season when it was on Sky One, I didn't really like it but I'm told that the fourth season was very good. Did they deal with ears?

In one episode Archer was accused of "ear envy". It seems Vulcans do have a sense of humor, although it's repressed most of the time.

In season four the ears again proved to be a dominant feature as they where with Spock's Vulcan father and Human mother's union.