• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Started by Geekyfanboy, August 14, 2008, 03:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryancd

I mean gender neutral. Remember in Ep1 when Jabba's up in his sky box, there is what looks like a lady Hutt behind him. Just though it was interesting.

wraith1701

I read somewhere (one of the earlier EU books) that all huts are both male and female.  In the books, they cycle through both masculine and feminine phases.  While in the feminine phase, they are able to produce little huts. 

This might explain why the hut at the podrace looked like a lady-hut.  S/he was in hir feminine phase, I guess.

Jen

Quote from: wraith1701 on August 17, 2008, 07:46:38 PM
I read somewhere (one of the earlier EU books) that all huts are both male and female.  In the books, they cycle through both masculine and feminine phases.  While in the feminine phase, they are able to produce little huts. 

This might explain why the hut at the podrace looked like a lady-hut.  S/he was in hir feminine phase, I guess.

Yep, AC Crispin's Han Solo novels touched on this. I think The Hutt Gambit was the one that focused on it the most. I LOVE those novels. :)
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

moyer777

I thought the movie was good.  It only took a few minutes to get past the animation, and then I enjoyed it.  I'm looking forward to the series, does anyone know what network it's going to be on?

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Geekyfanboy

Cartoon Network then repeat on TNT later in the week.

moyer777

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Chief

And of course you'll be able to get the show on the torrents like 30 minutes after airing on Cartoon Network. heh

"The Needs Of The Many, Out Weigh The Needs Of The Few, Or The One..."
Mr. Spock

The IC

I saw the Clone Wars on Saturday, and was doing fine until Ziro the Hutt showed up.  WTF 

jedijeff

I saw the Clone Wars last night, and I thought it was a lot of fun. Lots of Kids at the theatre, so it is good to see. Thought the action sequences were a lot of fun, really liked when they focused on the clones like Captain Rexx and gave him some personality. Never really picked up on Ziro the Hutt likes others are mentioning, just thought he was a painted up Hutt, did not think anything more then that.
The animation was cool, took me a few minutes to get used to it, though If they did some more work on the faces, that would be good in my opinion.
The story was alright, though I did find the Jabba's son was a bit to much for me at times. I also hope through the series, Ahsoka/Anakin relationship to be more of a Master/Padawan relationship then what it is right now, but that is just me :) .

Will have to read the novelization as well, and see how it differs.

Bryancd

OK, I just saw "The Clone Wars" last night and I am so mad, I had to start a whole new thread to vent. I have been reading the reviews, which have been universally awful. I have been reading various forums which have been more moderate but still a lot of luke warm to negative responses from the fans. I have listened to TheForceCast crew discuss the movie and even they had some reservations. All I have to say is WHAT?!  :confused

I LOVED THIS MOVIE. Let me begin by saying that my enjoyment of Clone Wars was greatly enhanced by reading the novelization first. It's a great read and really fills in the story so that when watching the movie, what might appear abrupt or a new plot development out of left field, is easily understood. Now, that's not a good excuse for the film's execution and I can see where if you have not read the book, some of the elements seem rushed into play. I thought the script was tight, the characterizations and acting were terrific, the music was terrific, and I am very OK with the animation style. All of these issue's have been criticized by many fan's but they all seemed perfectly executed to me.

I even liked the battledroids and some of their goofy humor and was convinced going into to movie that I would hate them as I did often in the prequals. I actually laughed out loud at a few of their exploits. So George Lucas insisted that Ziro the Hutt sound like Trumann Capote, so what? It's a little silly but the character still comes across as nefarious (he receives much more time in the book) and slimy even if he is a big queen, like an evil Nathan Lane from "The Birdcage"! The guys over on the ForceCast made an good comment which i very much agree with. This movie made me like Anakin for the first time. I want to like him and respect him as that will make his downfall all the more poignant in EP3. Asoka is a great foil for him and I really enjoyed their chemistry. Obi-wan was the coolest cat as always and Ventress rocks the house.

I hope Star Wars fan's support this project by watching the series. From this kind of start, I think we are all in for a real treat.

billybob476

Bryan, I agree completely. I haven't read the novelization as of yet but I enjoyed it. The 'Skyguy' thing got me the first time but it wasn't said very often. I thought the music was fitting and very cool.

The series will be very fun.

Bryancd

I actually liked her little nicknames, I found it endearing.

billybob476

I guess I found it a bit too familiar for a master/student relationship.

Bryancd

Rico

As I said on the podcast, I really liked it too.  I just don't know what people expect anymore.  It seems you just can't really please them.  Sometimes I think people can't just sit back and enjoy something for what it is.  As you guys know I try to focus on the good and for me this movie was a lot of fun.  And I agree Bryan, Anakin and Asoka worked well together.  I hope they focus on that a lot in the series.  The music was a nice change of pace too.  So again, I just think people have some odd expectations sometimes and should just relax and enjoy the ride.