• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Star Wars 3D

Started by Chief, July 25, 2008, 04:17:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

X

Quote from: Bryancd on September 29, 2010, 04:51:21 PM
Quote from: X on September 29, 2010, 04:45:33 PM
It makes me feel like he's afraid that the franchise won't stand the test of time, so he's doing everything he can to keep it relevant, but in that process, he's ruining it for some people.

Regardless of all of that, Han shot first.

That's an interesting question. I honestly believe he is trying to make STAR WARS what was in his head all those years ago as opposed to trying to keep it relevant. But as all things that age, I'm not sure even he knows what he originally intended and is having to sort of recreate his whole thought process. I do think had the $ and technology been available back in the mid '70's and he could have gone wild, the movies would not have been as good as they are.

And yes, Han indeed shot first. That one correction was defiantly for the sensibility of the younger audience of today, or then in 1995, and a mistake.
I totally agree with you here. My major complain is the lack of balls. If you want to use all this new tech and stuff, why not bite the bullet and do a remake? Leave the originals alone and remake the franchise. I mean it can't be worse than what he's been doing to it. It might even be better because it would be a single story and not Frankenstein's Monster of patch work revisions and edits with crisp effects faling to blend well with the old effects.

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: X on September 29, 2010, 04:58:18 PM
Quote from: Bryancd on September 29, 2010, 04:51:21 PM
Quote from: X on September 29, 2010, 04:45:33 PM
It makes me feel like he's afraid that the franchise won't stand the test of time, so he's doing everything he can to keep it relevant, but in that process, he's ruining it for some people.

Regardless of all of that, Han shot first.

That's an interesting question. I honestly believe he is trying to make STAR WARS what was in his head all those years ago as opposed to trying to keep it relevant. But as all things that age, I'm not sure even he knows what he originally intended and is having to sort of recreate his whole thought process. I do think had the $ and technology been available back in the mid '70's and he could have gone wild, the movies would not have been as good as they are.

And yes, Han indeed shot first. That one correction was defiantly for the sensibility of the younger audience of today, or then in 1995, and a mistake.
I totally agree with you here. My major complain is the lack of balls. If you want to use all this new tech and stuff, why not bite the bullet and do a remake? Leave the originals alone and remake the franchise. I mean it can't be worse than what he's been doing to it. It might even be better because it would be a single story and not Frankenstein's Monster of patch work revisions and edits with crisp effects faling to blend well with the old effects.

No more damn remakes.  I'm sick and tired of every franchise being remade, how about we add onto it?  Or make something new?  Just...just no remakes.

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Bryancd

Well, that's just it, I think he keeps adding stuff because his vision is in perpetual motion as technology allows for more visual innovation. He can't stop himself!

sheldor

All 6 movies??  Why would I pay over $10 to see a 25 year-old movie?  This is nothing more than a money grab

billybob476

I have no issues with the movies being re-released in theaters. Frankly if they did it every year I'd go to experience them on the big screen. I just don't personally care for 3D.

Dangelus

I have no problem with Star Wars 3D and I'd love to go see it in the theatres as I never had the SW theatrical experience but I di agree that we should get NEW material.

Not sure what problem Lucas has with doing this. It's a huge universe with lots of stories to tell. I'd love to see what happened after Jedi for example, on the big screen.

alanp

How good could it really look if the 3D effect is added in post?  Especially to footage they shot in 1977?  I could be wrong but it was my understanding that 3D only works well when shot with two cameras and the post effect doesn't look right.

Bryancd

Quote from: AlanP on October 03, 2010, 03:24:58 PM
How good could it really look if the 3D effect is added in post?  Especially to footage they shot in 1977?  I could be wrong but it was my understanding that 3D only works well when shot with two cameras and the post effect doesn't look right.

Very true but I bet Lucas Film pushes this retroactive 3D technology to a new level. This won't be like the crap 3D they did with "Clash of the Titans" or other 2D films up converted to 3D. I'm willing to say now the result will be much more satisfying. If it's "worth" it is up to you, but I know I'll be happy to pony up the dough!

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: Bryancd on October 03, 2010, 04:02:31 PM
Quote from: AlanP on October 03, 2010, 03:24:58 PM

Very true but I bet Lucas Film pushes this retroactive 3D technology to a new level. This won't be like the crap 3D they did with "Clash of the Titans" or other 2D films up converted to 3D. I'm willing to say now the result will be much more satisfying. If it's "worth" it is up to you, but I know I'll be happy to pony up the dough!

Yeah, I agree with Bryan, Lucas has balked for so long at doing 3D that it wasn't until Avatar came out that he revisited and (obviously) decided there was potential.  But the vague release date makes me believe they won't release till they're happy.  And that might not even be 2012.  If Lucas and the team is going to do it, they'll do it right or not at all....ignoring some of the film special edition tweaks and some of the Prequels.....mistakes ;)

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

alanp

The last rumor I had heard before reading this post was Lucas had toyed with the idea of using the Avatar technology to make episodes 7, 8, and 9 with Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, etc.  But that goes back a ways.