• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Podcasting Software...

Started by Geekyfanboy, June 20, 2008, 05:58:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wraith1701

Thanks guys!  Just tried it out; works like a charm. :)

Meds

Yay, what are you up to Eric?

wraith1701

Quote from: HawkeyeMeds on April 03, 2009, 04:33:50 PM
Yay, what are you up to Eric?

There are a couple of subjects that I'm considering doing a podcast on.  If I can pull it off, I'm thinking of setting them aside for the next time Rico requests a guest podcast host. :)

Meds

Good man, i look forward to hearing it.

Jen

Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

moyer777

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Feathers

Me four?  Or is that line getting old now?

I've only ever dabbled with audio and don't believe I could hold sonethin together long enough for an entire podcast. Maybe o should download anyway and try it. :)

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

dinghead

Audacity is really stupid fun. Just for recording samples and tweaking the heck out of them if nothing else. ^_^

Meds

I'm still using standard audacity but have the new version which i do the promo's on. Thinking about switching to the new one full time. Hmmm.

Feathers

Quote from: Rico on April 03, 2009, 04:52:04 AM
Yes, like Meds said Audacity will record it.  Just make sure to go into preferences and set the input/record area to "What you hear" and then it records whatever sound your computer plays.  I use it all the time to collect clips for the podcast.

I don't see a "what you hear" option. Is this a super secret setting or something?

Rico

Quote from: Feathers on July 07, 2009, 12:43:37 PM
Quote from: Rico on April 03, 2009, 04:52:04 AM
Yes, like Meds said Audacity will record it.  Just make sure to go into preferences and set the input/record area to "What you hear" and then it records whatever sound your computer plays.  I use it all the time to collect clips for the podcast.

I don't see a "what you hear" option. Is this a super secret setting or something?

Under Preferences, then Audio I/O.  Then adjust your recording device option.

Feathers

That's where I looked but it's not one of my options.

billybob476

I think the availability of "What you Hear" has to do with your sound hardware. The only options I have are for the Microsoft Sound Mapper or my SB Audigy 2 ZS.

Rico

Quote from: Feathers on July 07, 2009, 12:54:14 PM
That's where I looked but it's not one of my options.

What version of Audacity are you running?  It also may have to do with your sound hardware and other software you have installed.

Meds

MIke if you look at the top of your audacity page it will say edit, scroll down to preferences then you cam change your option of source. what is do is if you are going to record a sound from a dvd what is suggest is play the dvd first then open audacity it should automatically set itself to record 'what you hear' :) oh just seen Rico post, as he said ha ha.