News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Podcasting Software...

Started by Geekyfanboy, June 20, 2008, 05:58:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metron07

Quote from: Rico on September 16, 2008, 11:20:01 AM
It seemed to mainly happen when doing heavy editing and/or recording new parts and slipping them into an open file.  So I think it depends on the way it's being used, your specific hardware, drivers, etc.

Sounds like a memory leak due to a driver for any number of hardware sources. Many drivers for Vista are written quite well not to mention they only run on current better designed hareware which may explain why Rico has had a better experience under Vista. One of the few good things you can say about that OS, though I for one like it very much, I was like most in that I was not able to get the hardware to run it until just recently.

Meds

For me it was the first time i used audacity and i'd messed up on so many takes that i had loads of audacity files open and on the take that i thought i'd done a good job it just went. Never happened since but there again i've got better at doing lines ;)

metron07

It's a old office automation secret. SAVE, SAVE, SAVE. Sometimes to more than one version of the same file.

Meds

Yeah plus i now know that you can undo a record so you never need too many open.

Data

"Commander. You just sit tight. We'll have this all fixed up in time for supper. "

SilverFox

I know this is probably waaay late, but I use a program call "Cool Edit Pro" which was the baby to Adobe Audition. If you need Data, I can send you a zip file with everything you need to use it. Just let me know

moyer777

Quote from: SilverFox on February 26, 2009, 06:32:25 PM
I know this is probably waaay late, but I use a program call "Cool Edit Pro" which was the baby to Adobe Audition. If you need Data, I can send you a zip file with everything you need to use it. Just let me know

I just loved Cool Edit Pro!  It was a great program.  I use Adobe Audition now, and I love it too! 

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Jen

Quote from: moyer777 on February 26, 2009, 09:04:05 PM
Quote from: SilverFox on February 26, 2009, 06:32:25 PM

I just loved Cool Edit Pro!  It was a great program.  I use Adobe Audition now, and I love it too! 

I use Adobe Audition now too, though I cut my teeth on Garage Band and Audacity. Both are great but Audition is far more advanced. Took a little bit of learning, I was lucky to have someone familiar with it helping me figure things out.
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Rico

I'm pretty old school here still I guess.  Only have used Audacity.  It does what I need for now.

billybob476

Dangelus

And it's free which is always good!

Meds

Great offer silverfox. I use audacity and have only just got used to working it all out and it seems to suit me pretty good.

wraith1701

Forgive me if this has been asked already, but I was wondering-  Can Audacity be used to lift audio clips from video files (files like avi, wmv, or quicktime)?  If so, how do you do it?  And if not, does anyone know of an application that can do this?

Meds

Yeah you can that's how i get clips for waffle on. What i do is have the DVD/ youtube-clip/ or whatever you are going to catch, then turn audacity on and press record and then play your video. It should catch the clip. You may have to change the settings so its not on microphone to line in or stereo, but if you turn audacity on when the clip is already ready it should automatically have the right settings. I'm still using audacity 2. something and not the new 3. something simply because i know how it works, though i have been dabbling with it especially using the duck feature for promos. I know Rico also uses audacity and he will probably give a better explanation on how you get the audio clips from videos but i hope my answer helps.

Rico

Yes, like Meds said Audacity will record it.  Just make sure to go into preferences and set the input/record area to "What you hear" and then it records whatever sound your computer plays.  I use it all the time to collect clips for the podcast.