• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Podcasting Software...

Started by Geekyfanboy, June 20, 2008, 05:58:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

I just came across this new Podcasting software and I know several of you are podcasters besides Rico and I was wondering if anyone has every heard of it or used it..

it's called Podcast Station here's the link: http://www.podcaststation.com/?SSAID=197849

Rico

Looks interesting Kenny.  I'm going to give it a try.

jedijeff

cool stuff Kenny, I will have to try it out. Thanks for the link.

moyer777

This reminds me of Radio Station software.  VERY COOL.  I may just try this out!  Thanks Kenny!

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Jen

That's interesting. Too bad they don't have a Mac version...
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Captain BJ Wanlund

Agreed, Jen.

Although I'm sorely tempted to play around with Boot Camp...

BJ
Love Star Trek TOS & TNG (never really got into DS9, Voyager, or Enterprise).  Also love Star Wars (everything save for the prequels...), and Indiana Jones, and ElfQuest, basically anything remotely SF or fantasy is my bag, tho I tend more towards SF than I do fantasy.

Meds

Looks like this site has now closed down.

Data

hey guys im after some good ''free'' podcasting software any ideas ?
"Commander. You just sit tight. We'll have this all fixed up in time for supper. "

Jen

For recording right? Audacity is free. :)
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Meds

Oh Audacity is brilliant, i use it on all my recordings. Even started adding music, oh the geek i am. :)

Rico

Audacity is pretty much the standard.  Works well and it's free.  One word of warning that I have learned over the years of using it.  Once you record something whether it's for a minute or an hour, immediately save it before you start to edit, etc.  The program can crash on occasion and you will lose you audio.

Meds

Yeah i found that out doing the audio drama for Jen.

Rico

Here's the funny thing, it crashed much more often for me when I was running it on Windows XP (not a huge amount - maybe once every month or so.  Since I've been using it on my Vista machine, it's been nearly perfect.

Geekyfanboy

So far it hasn't crashed on me.. and I have XP and use it several times a week. Guess I've been lucky.

Rico

It seemed to mainly happen when doing heavy editing and/or recording new parts and slipping them into an open file.  So I think it depends on the way it's being used, your specific hardware, drivers, etc.