• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

What's everyone reading right now?

Started by Rico, May 30, 2008, 07:50:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WillEagle

If you haven't already you want to read the 'Han Solo' graphic novel. I thought it was very good and I loved the new alien races that I don't recall from any of the movies or shows. Nice twist to the story that I found interesting. This is a must read!

WillEagle

Had to share this bit of info with my Treks in Sci-Fi friends. If you have an Ollie's Discount Store near you they are having a DC graphic novel sale! Books start at $1.99. Most of them are $2.99 & $3.99 but the even had some hard cover and some art books at $5.99 and $6.99. I saw the Superman Cover to Cover book and a Batman Neal Adams book which looked really cool. I stuck to books at $3.99 and under so I could get a bigger selection. Still more that I would like to get at some point. (When the wife isn't checking the checking account!) LOL
Go check them out. Lots of Superman, Batman, Green Lantern JSA, Showcase Presents, JLA and I even remember some Wildstorm titles. Should be some fun reads!

Rico

Dang - I don't think we have that store chain up here.  Sounds like a great deal.

ricdude

I've been working my way through most of the Shadowhunter series by Cassandra Clare. Great stories about Demons, Vampires, Warlocks, Werewolves, Faeries, and the Nephilim who try to maintain law and order on the planet around all the "downworlder" drama and infighting.

Now turning to Robert Ludlum's comedies, The Road to Gandolfo, and The Road To Omaha. Surprisingly funny for an author known for spy thrillers...

Rico

I need to dive into those Shadowhunter books sometime.

WillEagle

When I was making the post about the Ollie's Discount Chain with the great priced graphic novels I got a call from the wife that she got a flat tire after she left work and here in Ohio its been COLD! So I meant to post a pic and say I hope to soon be able to go to a nearby town that has an Ollie's because the ad said they had over 625 titles and stores guaranteed not to have all titles. So I got the wife home safe and sound the other night and here is a pic of my choices. Really excited about all those JSA!

Rico

WillEagle

So did everyone get their Action #1000! Lots of covers to choose from. I wanted a variant and was lucky enough to get the 70's variant by Steranko. Would love to get more variants but... it is an $8 book. Here is a pic of the one I got. And the one I wish I could have found which is the one with Supergirl on it.

Go get your copy if you haven't already!

Bromptonboy

Just picked up Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman.
Pete

Rico

Quote from: Bromptonboy on April 24, 2018, 05:31:37 AM
Just picked up Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman.

Ahh, I read that awhile back.