• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

What's everyone reading right now?

Started by Rico, May 30, 2008, 07:50:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WillEagle

Picked this up at the library. "Batman v Superman Dawn of Justice Tech Manual". I think I lucked out and am the 1st one to check it out. I put it on hold and I was 1st hold so that's why I think I was the 1st to get it. Smells brand new too. Lots of pictures with some info throughout. If you buy it it is a tabletop size Hardback at $40.
Here is a pic.

Rico

Cool stuff!  Didn't realize the library gets books like this.

WillEagle

So I read the new Steve Rogers Captain America #1. Not sure what to think even though I did like it. May not like the direction it seems to be going. I just can't see that happening with Captain America.

WillEagle

Just finished an Eureka graphic novel that BOOM! put out in 2009. I found it at a Half-Priced Books. I really liked this show when it aired and was very interested to see how I would like a graphic novel based on the series. Volume 1 did have many of the characters from the earlier seasons with 1 big omission of Henry Deacon. The GN didn't stack up to the series though. I gave it a 6 out of 10. It was an original story which was cool but I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. Still worth a look see if you have the chance to check it out.

WillEagle

Last night I finished the book called 'Illegal Alien' by Robert J. Sawyer. It came out in 1997. I had never read anything from Sawyer and I did enjoy the book. It centers on an Alien that needs a lawyer's help. It had a lot of courtroom settings. I would consider it a courtroom drama with sci-fi mixed in. I don't really read fiction that centers on Lawyers or police so the sci-fi being mixed in was enjoyable.
Also picked up for only $3.99 the hardcover of 'The Klingon Art of War'! And for only $6.99 Star Trek Captain's Log Fan Collective. Of course I can watch all the episodes on it through Netflix but the extras on it so far have been really good. Here is a pic.

WillEagle

Picked these magazines up a few days ago. Sometimes its hard to pick what cover you want but these were pretty easy choices.

Rico

Nice stuff!  I haven't seen that TV Guide/Comic-Con mag before.

WillEagle

Quote from: Rico on July 25, 2016, 01:56:14 PM
Nice stuff!  I haven't seen that TV Guide/Comic-Con mag before.
There were 4 total covers. Flash, Blindspot and Supernatural were the other.
Picked up this today at Wal-Mart. And it was the last one! Trish was saying 'How did you even see that!' Hey it's Star Trek! It was put out by USA Today. 'Star Trek: 50th Anniversary Live Long and Prosper.

WillEagle

Went to the Wheeling, West Virginia area for a day trip during our vacation this past week and we were with my cousin Andy and he took us to a Books-A-Million! I think I had only been to one of those one other time. Well anyway they had lots of goodies for this comic fan! I got the Ultimate Comics 'Divided We Fall United We Stand' hardcover for $5!! That is a $40 book! Also got a X-Men First Class all ages GN for a buck and an Iron Man all ages GN for only $2! Star Wars 'Honor and Duty' was only $4. The only one I paid full price for was Superman/Wonder Woman Vol. 1 Power Couple. Also grabbed some comics at a mall we went to and filled some holes in my collection. Really stoked to find the Star Trek Alien Spotlight 'Q' and the Action Comics #32 Bombshell Variant Cover! Got it for $4.25. A lot better price than I found on Ebay.
Here is a pic.

Rico

Great stuff and great deals there Will!

WillEagle

Just finished the Wonder Woman Earth One Graphic Novel. I did not think it was that good. The Superman ones have been really good but even with Grant Morrison writing it the Wonder Woman Earth One falls short.
Also did read the Alien Spotlight 'Q' comic and it was pretty good.
Right now I am reading Star Wars The Marvel Covers and it has been pretty interesting.

WillEagle

I don't know how many of you out there had the chance to read Marvel's 'Secret Wars' from this year but I thought it was a mess. I was pretty lost during the whole book. It may be that I am not up on the Marvel 'comic' universe as much as I should be or maybe I just needed to read more of the tie in issues. Either way I didn't think this event story was very good. I would probably rate it a 4 out of 10. I think there are too many stories in either Marvel or DC that span over to many titles to keep up. I'm getting kinda tired of it. Most of us can't afford 12 different titles a week to keep up with all of these 'events'. Even with Superman Doomed a while back it spanned over about 4 titles! I'm still trying to get them all so I can read it in full!! Well I guess I'm just getting tired of a story having so many parts over so many different titles. Even my pull list has shortened to about 6.
Here they are:
Superman
Darth Vader (ends next week at #25)
Trinity (haven't put this on the pull list yet)
Star Wars
Captain America
Star Trek Boldly Go (Should be out Oct. 19. This is replacing the recently finished run on Star Trek)
Serenity - No Power in the Verse (6 part series and starting Oct. 26)

WillEagle

Anyone else pick up the new Star Trek Comic?? I got the subscription cover. Love that purple logo.

WillEagle

Grabbed the first 2 graphics novels of the "Kanan - The Last Padawan series. Never have watched the show so I wanted to check these out.

WillEagle

Just finished reading Star Trek: Deviations. Pretty interesting but kinda a sudden ending. Definitely open to your own interpretation.