• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

What's everyone reading right now?

Started by Rico, May 30, 2008, 07:50:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WillEagle

Picked up the Leonard Nimoy magazine. Lots of cool photos of him and his family. Very nice addition to your collection if you get a chance to pick it up. 

Rico

Quote from: WillEagle on March 10, 2015, 06:42:19 PM
Picked up the Leonard Nimoy magazine. Lots of cool photos of him and his family. Very nice addition to your collection if you get a chance to pick it up. 

I need to go get that!

WillEagle

Worth every cent! I have looked through it and will probably get into more very soon. Just make sure your cashier puts in a bag that covers the whole thing when its raining! Mine didn't at Kroger so I just grabbed a big bag at the end of the register. I told the bagger I paid $10 bucks I don't want it to get wet!

Ktrek

I'll have to look for that. I wonder if my Kroger has it? hmmm....
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

WillEagle

Another Leonard Nimoy tribute magazine was released from Entertainment Weekly. The wife picked this up for me. It is $14.99. Lots of pages like the CBS one. Here is a pic.

Rico

I just picked up the CBS one today at a Barnes & Noble.

Ktrek

I picked up a copy of both the Entertainment Weekly and the CBS issues. I have not read either cover to cover, but the CBS one seems a bit better. Some good photos in both and it's nice to have some of the more rare shots together in single volumes. Nothing revelatory from either one, but collectable just the same.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Ktrek

Another Nimoy tribute magazine at B&N today!

WillEagle

I wonder how many of these there will be? I will have to look for this.

WillEagle

Found the Leonard Nimoy Tribute mag that Ktrek mentioned. Of all places I found it at Wal-Mart. Not as many pages as the other two but still very nice.

owenbre

Guys check out 2 books by Kim Stanley Robinson's ***2312***,it was the inspiration for some of the footage in the short film ***Wanderers*** ,see link below

& also his latest book ***SHAMAN*** ,here's the blurb ...

"His new novel, he turns from our future to our past - to the Paleolithic era, and an extraordinary moment in humanity's development. An emotionally powerful and richly detailed portrayal of life 30,000 years ago, it is a novel that will appeal both to his existing fans and a whole new mainstream readership."

c/w carl Sagan quote ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwXqoaThGvA

Please add me on goodreads if any of you are on it,i'd love to see what other sci-fi fans are reading :)

https://www.goodreads.com/friend/i?i=LTM1OTg3NzI1ODU6MzY5

Ktrek

I'm going to be starting the 3rd and latest volume of Chris Bennett's Rise of the Federation series.

WillEagle

I got to hit a Half Priced Books store yesterday after the wife and I went to a Columbus BlueJackets game. I picked up a couple of graphic novels and 3 comics. The graphic novels were Captain America - Forever Allies for $5 and Jurassic Park Vol. 1 - Redemption for $2! Good deals but my favorite pick up was Babylon 5 #1 comics issue! These are hard for me to find at a good price and I thought $3 was fair. It had a little damage but I can live with it. I can find these on ebay sometimes but they normally go for more than I want to pay. And honestly its pretty fun looking through long boxes of comics and finding something your missing from your collection. The Babylon 5 comic though was in the front of a locked area so I didn't have to look to hard for that. There are 11 issues and I only have 2 so far.

WillEagle

So as you could tell from my previous post I mentioned the Babylon 5 #1 comic. Well during my vacation last week the wife and I went to a comic shop that I go to near Columbus. I hit a jackpot in there! As I was looking around in the long boxes a couple guys came in and started loading a van. I asked what he was doing and he said loading up for the Chicago Comic Con! He told me if I had come in the next day (which we had been thinking) that all the long boxed would have been gone!
I am so glad we went on the day we did! I found the whole series of Babylon 5!!! They had it marked at $20 and the deal was sets for half off! I got it for $10!!! I was quite excited by that little find. And I found about 13 other comics to fill some holes in my collection. Some of them were from the 'V' comic from back in 1985. I also found an Atari Force issue. Some current issues I found was the Justice League #23.2 featuring Lobo. For some reason Jeremy at my local shop couldn't get a hold of one for me.
So since today is Free Comic Book Day I thought it would be fun to mention my "treasure trove" of awesomeness I was able to find. And since it is Free Comic Book Day my local shop lets anyone with a pull list to get 3 books. And if you buy other things based on what you spend you can get other free comics too! So they open at 10am! So guess who's going to be there hopefully when the open! THIS GUY!!

Bromptonboy

Quote from: owenbre on March 31, 2015, 01:09:50 AM
Guys check out 2 books by Kim Stanley Robinson's ***2312***,it was the inspiration for some of the footage in the short film ***Wanderers*** ,see link below

& also his latest book ***SHAMAN*** ,here's the blurb ...

"His new novel, he turns from our future to our past - to the Paleolithic era, and an extraordinary moment in humanity's development. An emotionally powerful and richly detailed portrayal of life 30,000 years ago, it is a novel that will appeal both to his existing fans and a whole new mainstream readership."

c/w carl Sagan quote ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwXqoaThGvA

Please add me on goodreads if any of you are on it,i'd love to see what other sci-fi fans are reading :)

https://www.goodreads.com/friend/i?i=LTM1OTg3NzI1ODU6MzY5

Those pics are amazing!
Pete