• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

The chat section

Started by Rico, March 27, 2006, 09:53:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

It seems some folks here like to just kind of chat back and forth.  :phone   Now this isn't that bad a thing, but it does disrupt threads that people have posted.  They go way off-topic pretty quickly.  Well, here's a section to just chat if you want.  Also, threads that turn into just a conversation and are way off from the topic will get moved here.  I hope this helps.   :biggrin

Q

"If it wasn't for us [SG-1], you would have a snake up your head instead of your head up your ***." -Colonel O'Neil

Jen

Thanks...Sorry, I think I tend to wander a lot when I post, and when I talk. I'll try not too in the future.. This is a nice addition to the forum.
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Rico

No problem Jen.  I just looked at some threads that after a couple of pages were talking about something completely off from the starting topic.  So this is now a nice place to do that in this section.

Picard_delta_5

thats actually a really good idea rico. thanks.
Star Trek Will Rise Again

Picard_delta_5

oh, rico, can you move the ST vs SW topic into here and unlock it?

Rico

Sorry, but I think that will just create problems.  While conversations are fine, certain how should I say "heated" topics are best left off these forums. 

Riskygodfather

I think that this is a good idea, but a lot of people won't just start a conversation here, you and Kenny are going to have to move threads that have gone into a conversation into here, Rico.
"Do a barrel roll" - Peppy, StarFox 64
"Coincidence... I think NOT!" - Bear, Polkadot Shorts
"If at first you don't succeed... you fail" -Portal preview

Admiral Anthony Out

Picard_delta_5

yeah, i think thats the point. when a topic goes way off track, it gets moved. i doubt many people will actually start a conversation topic.

Geekyfanboy

Well what we are hoping is that you guys will realize after a few posts that a topic is going off topic and then can create a new topic in the coversation area and continue your conversation. The point of this section is for everyone to try and stay on topic, and if you want to chat then start a topic in here.

Rico

Precisely Kenny!  Well said.

Riskygodfather

Ok, man this was a great idea to do thhis Rico (and possibly some input from Kenny, or the wholoe idea, but in any case it's good).
"Do a barrel roll" - Peppy, StarFox 64
"Coincidence... I think NOT!" - Bear, Polkadot Shorts
"If at first you don't succeed... you fail" -Portal preview

Admiral Anthony Out

spock

Thx. Hope your not mad at me for disrupting tons of topics. Ill talk nonsense here nowadays.
Visit the Unofficial Treks n Sci-Fi RPG forum http://spocksmac.byethost11.com/forum

Picard_delta_5

oh ok, i get it now, sorry for tellin u not to do that on one of the other topics spock

spock

No prob i got a PM from Fanatic about and he is P****d about me doin that. oops
Visit the Unofficial Treks n Sci-Fi RPG forum http://spocksmac.byethost11.com/forum