• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

All Star Trek Series on DVD - HALF off at Amazon.com!!!

Started by Rico, March 31, 2008, 01:10:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

This is an incredible deal gang.  It seems all the season sets of Star Trek - every series - every season.  Is now HALF off at Amazon.com!  It looks like season sets are only $35 each!  The movies are on sale too.

Please use this link:  http://www.amazon.com/?%5Fencoding=UTF8&tag=tisf-20
And then search DVD's for Star Trek.  It will give me a couple dollars for the podcast and site too.

Geekyfanboy

Oh man this makes me sick to my stomach thinking how much I paid when they first come out.. but good for those who waited... great deal.

Rico

You have them all already Kenny? 
I just ordered the few seasons of Voyager and one of Enterprise I didn't have yet.  Now I'm complete!

Geekyfanboy

I have all of TNG, DS9 and VOY (cost over $2100) I have copies of all TOS, TAS and ENT but don't have the originals.. I may have to get those.

Rico

At $35 a season set, never been a better time!   Enterprise by the way looks really, really nice.  All digitally shot I think and widescreen too.  :)

Blackride

Ripley: Ash. Any suggestions from you or Mother?
Ash: No, we're still collating.
Ripley: [Laughing in disbelief] You're what? You're still collating? I find that hard to believe.

Rico

Quote from: Blackride on March 31, 2008, 02:45:46 PM
and then the Blu-Ray versions came out :)

Eventually.  But they are a long way out.  They even announced the next 2 seasons of the remastered TOS episodes will be on DVD only late this year.  The only series I will buy in again hi-def is TOS.  DVD is fine for me for the rest.  At least for now.

Ktrek

Quote from: Rico on March 31, 2008, 03:15:57 PM
They even announced the next 2 seasons of the remastered TOS episodes will be on DVD only late this year.  The only series I will buy in again hi-def is TOS.  DVD is fine for me for the rest.  At least for now.

Rico,

I'm confused here. Are you saying that Paramount is releasing the next two seasons of TOS on HD-DVD? I saw an official news announcement that Paramount has pulled the plug on anymore HD releases including TOS. Even the re-mastering is questionable at this point if it will be completed since Toshiba was the main financier of the project. I would like to hope they will continue the project and switch to Blu-Ray but the word right now is nix.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Rico

The remastering will be completed & and is continuing.  What I wrote was the remastered episodes will be coming out on DVD.  I didn't write HD-DVD or Blu-Ray.

My source:

TOS Remastered Season 2 Coming On DVD (ONLY) March 21, 2008
by Anthony Pascale , Filed under: DVD, TOS Remastered , trackback

A few weeks ago we reported that Paramount had cancelled all HD DVD titles, effectively killing off the planned (but never announced) Star Trek Remastered Season Two on HD DVD / DVD combo (Season One was released last November). Now TV Shows On DVD is reporting that CBS and Paramount are going ahead with TOS Remastered Season Two, but for DVD only.

According to the TVSODVD report, the Season 2 TOS-R set will have a street date of August 5th. TrekMovie.com had previously reported that work was close to completion on the HD DVD / DVD combo version for Season 2 when Toshiba threw in the towel on HD DVD. That was supposed to be out in summer, so it looks like they are going forward, but without the HD DVD side of the disk. No pricing, or other details are available, including any information about a Blu-ray version. In fact, Paramount is the only studio that has not announced a single title on Blu-ray.

By the way, Season One of TOS-R (DVD / HD DVD Hybrid) is now now discounted at Amazon to $96.95. The non-remastered Star Trek DVD sets (Seasons: One, Two, and Three) are now selling for $37.99.

TrekMovie.com will follow-up on this story as more details become available.

original story:
http://trekmovie.com/2008/03/21/tos-remastered-season-2-coming-on-dvd/#more-1775

Ktrek

Ok...Thanks for the clarification. I'm really surprised that they will release the remastered versions on SD only as it kind of defeats the purpose of the whole project and they won't get me to buy it until they release TOS-R on Blu-Ray. I'm sure many other fans will feel the same way. I'm not going double, triple and now quadruple dip on this. I've learned my lesson.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

saunders

awesome...thanks for the tip...picked up seasons 4 and 5 of TNG

Meds

Yeah i heard on the last podcast about that. I got the movies in a nice box set all special editions a few months ago and now they are cheap again. Normally means something new is on the horizon.

jedijeff

Those are some great prices on the seasons. Got me thinking about Enterprise series