• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Character Portraits

Started by Jen, March 14, 2008, 11:47:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jen

I've been thinking about creating a few paintings of my characters, and then last week during the Microcast, Rico suggested a thread where artists can post their representations of characters. So, here it is... Post renderings of characters here.  :)

Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Jen

Here's my first painting of Sevryll. She's wearing the uniforms we described in Season Five and posted images of in the "uniforms" thread in the OOC section.  :)
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

moyer777

wow, that's great!  What kind of paint are you using?  Or is that graphic computer stuff?

NICE!

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Meds

Thats amazing Jen, did you hand paint that?. A talented lady you are.

iceman

Rico

Love it!  Great job Jen!  I am very curious, what medium you used?  I think I see a Jen-Sevryll resemblance too.  Again, excellent work.  Love the uniform too.

X

Wow! That's very cool! I like the semi smile! It works perfectly with her new mindset.

Jen

Thank you everyone. Yes, I gave her a Mona Lisa smile... not quiet stoic, not quite emotional.

Rico, I sketched her by hand, (the drawing looks nothing like the finished product, as I made several changes after I scanned in the sketch) and then I brought her into Photoshop and began painting over the pencil marks. I used to use acrylics and stretched my own canvas when I painted. I have a closet full of that stuff that just sits there these days. I find myself not enjoying painting and drawing by hand as much...  it really makes things faster and enjoyable (for me) to paint using Photoshop because you can build things on layers, which are easily hidden or removed and you have a wide range of brush tips and other tools at the touch of a key. The only thing I find difficult, is the fact that it's hard to be super detailed...I can't feel the paintbrush in my hand or the paint gliding onto the canvas as I move my hand, but there are many artists and illustrators who use photoshop to create wonderful works of fine art. So since I don't have room for a studio, my Mac will have to do. :)

I'm looking into purchasing a high-end tablet so will have more control over my brush strokes. The good ones are quite expensive, but many designers use them exclusively and are quiet happy with them.

AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Geekyfanboy

Jen, she looks AWESOME...the final product is BEAUTIFUL... great job. Now when I read Sevryll post this is who I'll imagine.

Jen

AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Rico

I see maybe an avatar change in Jen's profile future?  ;)

GeekyWhiteGuy

Hey everybody...I initially checked out this site and podcast because I'm really intrigued by this RPG forum.  I'd like nothing more than to jump head first into it.  Realistically...I know that I just don't have the time to commit to it.  I'd have to give up drawing time to sit and write...and I just can't do that.  What I can do, however, is commit some of my drawing time to this RPG...and when I heard the shout out on the latest Ready Room for character images...I thought, "Hey!  I can do that!!"  So...if anyone's interested...I'd be happy to draw up some character images.

Just let me know!

I can make little signature images too for the duty roster...with your image on there.  That would be cool. (sorry...I was just looking at Jen's sig...and thinking that I could do that)

X

Hey, I'm always interested in seeing my characters in mediums outside of my own head.

Jen

What I think would be awesome is if you read some of the RPG scenes and illustrated them for us. There are quite a few that would make great comic book illustrations.
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

GeekyWhiteGuy

This is unrealated to the RPG...but I drew this 3 pager recently for a class:  (by the way...page 3 is TERRIBLE, I know...but I did this in like...12 hours and finished that page at like....4 in the morning...)

I know the technical jargon is all wrong...but that's ok.