• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Beep...beep...beep...beep...beep...beep...beep...beep...beep...beep

Started by markinro, March 12, 2006, 07:11:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Picard_delta_5

i searched on limewire, didn't find anything. I'll keep checking periodically though. i would go to stinsv, but they dont exist anymore. I'll look but anyones help would be greatly appreciated.
Star Trek Will Rise Again

spock

Visit the Unofficial Treks n Sci-Fi RPG forum http://spocksmac.byethost11.com/forum

Picard_delta_5

what, limewire is fine as long as im not doing illegal stuff, if thats what u mean. downloading something like tv show episodes that are open to the public isnt illegal. thats what i use limewire for, (wink)

Jen

Rico, I used to be the Art Director at a Web firm. I primarily designed Flash sites. I would recommend only that you add a stop button for the sound on your clock...Don't remove the beep, just give people the option to turn it off if it annoys them. Its a little annoying, but it doesn't make me want to go away. Though new visitors might be frightened off if they can't hault the beeping. Just a suggestion.  I appreciate your willingness to try working on your own site.  Most of my old clients were very fearful of that sort of thing.  Good job.
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Geekyfanboy

Picard_delta_5

truly brilliant, yeah, that would help greatly, i try to get off that page fast because im usally listening to music on the comp at the same time that im on the forum, (legal music, store bought CDs)

Jen

What...No iTunes music? hummmm...I'm I the only Mac head here?  :-\
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Geekyfanboy

I love itunes.. I have it for both my Mac at work and my PC at home.

Jen

Hi Kenny. Just kidding...Thought I was a lone wolf here. I'm actually bilingual when it comes to computers. iTunes is nice.
  :)
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Picard_delta_5

i use itunes, i like the way it organizes files, but i dont actually buy songs off of it. they are actually a bit lower quality than a cd. plus they are in weird mac format.(m4a) im not saying there is anything wrong with the format, i just had never heard of it until i started using itunes, i hate the way mac has to have their own format for everything.

Rico

Thanks for the suggestion Jen about the beep.  I'm just learning Flash currently but I am pretty used to doing webpages and html.  I have fun doing it myself and learning new things at the same time.

spock

Quote from: Jen on March 20, 2006, 05:24:31 PM
Rico, I used to be the Art Director at a Web firm. I primarily designed Flash sites. I would recommend only that you add a stop button for the sound on your clock...Don't remove the beep, just give people the option to turn it off if it annoys them. Its a little annoying, but it doesn't make me want to go away. Though new visitors might be frightened off if they can't hault the beeping. Just a suggestion. I appreciate your willingness to try working on your own site. Most of my old clients were very fearful of that sort of thing. Good job.
My opinion is flash sites are cheating. You have to use CSS to make the most awesome sites.
Visit the Unofficial Treks n Sci-Fi RPG forum http://spocksmac.byethost11.com/forum

Jen

hummm...cheating? Not sure what you mean by that...Apples and oranges, but...to each his own.   :)
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Picard_delta_5

lol, spock is just trying to show off, dont take it personally.

Jen

I didn't...No worries. I rarely get my feathers ruffled over stuff involving others' opinions. Except when it comes to my design work. I'm a bit touchy when it comes to my work... :dry
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast