• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Vanguard Station Design Becomes 'Star Trek' Canon

Started by Rico, February 11, 2008, 06:47:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

This is pretty cool.  Shows exactly what the Trek book authors I spoke with this past weekend on the podcast were talking about.  Having the novels become canon and so forth.  Check it out:

A starbase originally designed for the Star Trek: Vanguard series of books has replaced the original K-7 station in the remastered episode The Ultimate Computer.

As reported in an article located here, the Vanguard station design, created by Masao Okazaki and featured in the Star Trek: Vanguard series of books, was used in the remastered version of The Ultimate Computer, replacing the original station, which had been stock footage originally used in The Trouble with Tribbles original series episode.

The Star Trek Vanguard series was created by David Mack and Marco Palmieri. Authors involved in the series are David Mack, Dayton Ward, Kevin Dilmore, and James Swallow.

There are three books in the series thus far; Harbinger, Summon the Thunder and Reap the Whirlwind. The series is set aboard Starbase 47, also known as Vanguard, a 23rd century station located in a remote region of space. The stories are set in the original series timeframe.

David Mack, author/co-author of two of the three books said, "...this is a special thrill for me, to see something I helped bring to fruition become a retroactive part of the TV series I've loved since I was old enough to remember camping out in front of the TV."

source:
http://www.trektoday.com/news/100208_01.shtml