• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

The Ready Room Mircocast

Started by Geekyfanboy, January 28, 2008, 01:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

Jen and I came up with a cool way of keeping folks informed on the RPG game. We are doing a very short 10 to 15 minute mircocast talking about the RPG. Rico was kind enough to allow us to tag it on to his Treks in Sci Fi stream.

So here is a thread where you guys can let us know what you think of our new microcast.

moyer777

I just got done listening.  EXCELLENT!  I can't wait to hear more.  You guys had a great flow together.  I think it will help enourage participation and creativty.  I love the idea of interviewing different writers about their characters and so on.  Very cool.

Keep it up!

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

billybob476

Great show guys. A cool idea as well would be having an episode where you could go over how to create characters and how to write your first few posts for new people.

Only very minor technical comment is sometimes I felt like the music was too loud.

Looking forward to more!

Geekyfanboy

Thanks guys for your comments... I think it turned out pretty good for our first try..

Thanks Billybob on the suggestion on the "how to create a characters"..that's a cool idea.

Jen

Thanks for the suggestion. Yeah, I'm using GarageBand to edit it. I'm sort of new to it, but realized I should probably put the louder music on their own tracks... I noticed the same thing. :)

Quote from: billybob476 on January 28, 2008, 02:08:39 PM
Great show guys. A cool idea as well would be having an episode where you could go over how to create characters and how to write your first few posts for new people.

Only very minor technical comment is sometimes I felt like the music was too loud.

Looking forward to more!
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

X

Wow. I'm impressed with all of this and all of the work that Jen, Kenny, and Rico are putting into making the RPG work. This is fantastic. Please keep up the good work.

Ktrek

I really enjoyed listening to your podcast but the quality was a distraction for me through most of it. Not only did Kenny and Jen seem distant but there is a low rumble throughout and the music was too loud. Anyway, I look forward to future updates.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Geekyfanboy

The low rumble is suppose to be like you're on the ship. We noticed the music issue and plan on fixing it. As for the filter on the voices we tried to alter it a bit to get the tinnie sound out of it since we did it over skype. Like I said.. not bad for our first try. Will get better as we go.

Jen

We would like to add a Trek monologue to the beginning of the microcast. Something that sounds Trekish without borrowing from the all to familiar: "Space... The final frontier. These are the voyages..." If our fellow RPG writers have the itch to write one please PM Kenny and I with your submission. We'll pick our favorite and announce the winner on the podcast.
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

KingIsaacLinksr

Great microcast.  I like it and would suggest keeping it. 

King

P.S. (Why does it feel like I got a magnifying glass on me)
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

wraith1701

Great job Kenny and Jen; this is a really cool idea!  Looking forward to more installments. :)

Bryancd

Hey, great job, guy's, keep it up!

Vartok

:jemhadar

:thumbsup I thought the microcast was really superb for that first time effort.  I recognized the low rumble as ship background (certainly you were on board), and didn't think the music was too loud, well maybe a tad. 

:thumbsup I also thought the rapport between you two was excellent.

But I have to know how you two guys recorded that since it clearly didn't sound like it was done over skype or a telephone.  I would have thought you were in the same room but I doubt that was the case. 

:thumbsup The room echo effect and excitement in your voices it made it sound more professional to me (in that the pros do things to spice audio up). 

So super job and let's have more.

Geekyfanboy

Thanks Vartok for those kind words... yes we did do it over skype.. but with the filter Jen put on it, it took away the phone line sound. Expect episode 2 next week sometime...

Jen

Well, I think I've learned which sound tracks to omit or edit down to a whisper for the Microcast. The First Contact Theme is too loud in places....I thought it sounded fine when I was working on it, but it sounds very different after its exported. But the First Contact "Nexus" track and the Insurrection "New Sight"  track seems to work much, much better as bed music. What did you guys think? I took off the voice filter that made it seem like we were in a big room...
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast