• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

How fast are you?

Started by X, January 24, 2008, 08:12:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ktrek

Most ISPs have caps on upload. It does kind of suck but I suspect they do it to preseve neighborhood bandwidth.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

billybob476

I want synchronous up/down! 7 meg up would be insane.

Jen

I thought I recognized him. I haven't seen the show in so long I had forgotten. Very cool.
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Jen

I just looked at my screengrab of the download/upload result and saw that my server is in New York. To quote a famous hot sauce TV commercial: "NEW YORK CITY?! Get a rope..."

Looks like all of your servers are at least in your home state. The company that we get our cable through is Grande Communications, a Texas Company. Interesting.

Quote from: Jen on January 25, 2008, 04:40:08 AM
Yeah, on that page it narrows down where your ISP is. Nice little animation.
Cool Avatar Xrayguy. Who is that?
Oh here's my speed:
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Bryancd

2:59:33 for the marathon......oh, wait, that's not what you are talking about... :innocent

X

Almost got mine up to speed now:

Geekyfanboy

Wow.. X do you have a T1 connection?

X

I'm using a 20m down 2m up cable modem during peak hours. It still doesn't give me my full speed yet.

Ktrek

My FIOS connection is supposed to be 20 down and 2 up also but so far the best I have been able to manage was around 16 down.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

X

Okay, so I forgot to turn off my firewall before the test, it's still running slow but I picked up another 2mbps

Ktrek

I still can't get much better even with turning off the firewall.

Kevin

KingIsaacLinksr

You guys make me sick, your wanting FASTER??  I'm lucky if I get 1/4 of those speeds here.  *cry*

King

;)
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Ktrek

Quote from: Kinglinksr on January 31, 2008, 10:47:43 PM
You guys make me sick, your wanting FASTER??  I'm lucky if I get 1/4 of those speeds here.  *cry*

King

;)

Well, I'm happy with my speed but I would like what I am paying for and that is 20 down and 2 up and I'm not getting quite that!

Kevin

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: Ktrek on January 31, 2008, 10:51:03 PM

Well, I'm happy with my speed but I would like what I am paying for and that is 20 down and 2 up and I'm not getting quite that!

Kevin

Eh, that is true, we all like to get what we payed for...

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

X

Yummy!