Darth Bane- Rule of Two is out!

Started by Bryancd, January 19, 2008, 01:43:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryancd

I just picked up the second Darth Bane book today in hardcover! I loved the first one, looking forward to this!  :starwars:

wraith1701

I think you'll enjoy it; it's a pretty good book.  This time, Karpyshyn manages to avoid the continuity slips that popped up in the first book, and he does a great job setting up plot elements that resonate all the way to the Star Wars prequel films. 

Now, if someone would just publish a Darth Plagueis book... *sigh*

Bryancd

You read it already?! When did it come out?

wraith1701

It came out the day after Christmas.  That was a gift-card well spent! ;D

Darth Gaos

Wow...wraith, same here...bought it with a gift card and LOVED it.  For a book that was written in such a short time it was well done.  Let's hope he writes some more for this time period in the future.
I think it was Socrates who spoke the immortal words:  I drank WHAT?

wraith1701

Yeah; he did crank that book out pretty quick, didn't he?  It seems like only 3 or 4 months elaplsed between the time that he announced that he would be writing the book and its release. 

I'm pretty sure that there will be another Bane book...  it seems as though Rule Of Two is selling pretty well, and there is still a lot to be written about what happens with Zhanna , and how she eventually usurps Bane. 

Bryancd

wraith1701

Huh?  Like spoiling the fact that Senator Palpatine is really Darth Sidious, and eventually becomes The Emperor?

Sorry man; I honestly didn't think that I was spoiling anything.  I figured that the Sith "Master & Apprentice" set-up was pretty much common knowledge.  In the Star Wars 'verse, that's how it goes-  "Only two there are; a Master and an Apprentice". 

Once the Sith Apprentice reaches a certain point, he/she kills his/her master.  Only then will they become the new Sith Lord, at which point they will begin grooming their replacement; fully understanding that if the apprentice is worthy, he or she will end up killing them to take their place as well.

Since we know that Bane doesn't live long enough to be the Sith Master during the Star Wars prequel era, (which is hundreds of generations after his time), and since we know that the his Rule Of Two is still in effect during the prequel era, I figure its safe to assume that the Sith plan has worked.  Bane to Zahna, Zahna to whover her apprentice is, and on and on till we get to Plagueis and Palpatine, then Palpatine and Vader.

A pretty twisted system in my opinion, but that is how the Sith Rule of Two works.