TNG: Intelligence Gathering (comic)

Started by Jobydrone, January 19, 2008, 12:09:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jobydrone

Highly recommended.  Pick this up, it's a compelling first issue featuring Data and Riker with cameos from most of the rest of the crew.  I'm really looking forward to the next ones.  I enjoyed it much more than the recent TNG comics released last year.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Ktrek

Cool! Thanks for letting us know! I was planning on trying to start picking these issues up. I enjoyed the TNG one from last year but the Klingon Blood Will Tell TOS story was better.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

wraith1701

Quote from: Jobydrone4of20 on January 19, 2008, 12:09:39 PM
Highly recommended.  Pick this up, it's a compelling first issue featuring Data and Riker with cameos from most of the rest of the crew.  I'm really looking forward to the next ones.  I enjoyed it much more than the recent TNG comics released last year.

I wish I'd seen your recommendation earlier; I just passed this book by in the comic shop this morning.  I guess I'll swing back by tomorrow and see if it's still in stock. 

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: wraith1701 on January 19, 2008, 04:42:28 PM
Quote from: Jobydrone4of20 on January 19, 2008, 12:09:39 PM
I wish I'd seen your recommendation earlier; I just passed this book by in the comic shop this morning.  I guess I'll swing back by tomorrow and see if it's still in stock. 
How could you just "pass" a Star Trek comic book by?? And you call yourself a fan :)

wraith1701

LOL good point!  :D

Right now, I literally have close to 100 comics that I've purchased over the past few months and haven't found the time to read yet.  Because of this,  I made a decision a few weeks back that from now on, I will only buy books that I will immediately read, and hold off on buying "books to be read at a later date".  Once I get caught up on my comic reading, I'll start buying more freely. 

Rico

I picked this one up.  The Trek comics have slowly been getting better I think and this is a good one.  I like the story and art.  It seems IDW is pretty serious about putting out some good Trek comics.

Ktrek

Quote from: Rico on January 21, 2008, 06:32:27 AM
I picked this one up.  The Trek comics have slowly been getting better I think and this is a good one.  I like the story and art.  It seems IDW is pretty serious about putting out some good Trek comics.

Yea I agree Rico. They have some nice artwork and they are recruiting writers like D.C. Fontana and Keith R.A. De Candido to write for them. In March, Peter David will be doing a Star Trek: New Frontier series for them of 5 issues. 2008 could be a breakthrough year for them.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine