• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

New guy from Canada

Started by redeye, March 05, 2006, 08:57:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redeye

Hi guys,

One thing I've always been a big fan of is Sci-Fi. I grew up watching Star Trek (TOS). I really believed this stuff was gonna happen when I grew up. Well I'm 38 now... Some of this stuff is reality and other stuff is fiction. I thought we'd be exploring planets and going off to distant galaxies with space ships. I guess I won't be seeing this in my lifetime.

I'm a big fan of collectibles. I do collect alot of SW toys, costumes and some props. I belong to the 501st. I have quite a few costumes. We do charities and other fun events. As I look more on the net. I find that there are a ton of props that I would love to have. Unfortunately... I'm not a millionaire and can only afford a few props here and there. I'm sure you guys are in the same boat I'm in.

What brought me to this site was the Japan Tricorder. That's how I found out about this site. I left a posting about the MR Alien Motion detector. Just wanting to know if its worth getting. I was more interested in the sound. Dave :)

Rico

Welcome aboard Dave!  :biggrin   As you know, I love collectibles as well.  I'd love to see some of your pics and costume work from being in the 501st!  That's very cool!  Oh, I responded to your Alien Motion Tracker questions in your other thread already.

redeye

Hi Rico... here's a link to my collectibles and costumes. The pics are outdated. I think I took the pics about a year ago.

http://www.badlands.ca/modules.php?name=gallery2&g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=6647

Picard_delta_5

there are some sweet pictures on that link, how did those guys make the stormtrooper armor?
Star Trek Will Rise Again

Riskygodfather

Yay, welcome, I am from Canada too, have fun on the forums.
"Do a barrel roll" - Peppy, StarFox 64
"Coincidence... I think NOT!" - Bear, Polkadot Shorts
"If at first you don't succeed... you fail" -Portal preview

Admiral Anthony Out

redeye

Quote from: Picard_delta_5 on March 05, 2006, 11:00:23 AM
there are some sweet pictures on that link, how did those guys make the stormtrooper armor?

People use a vacuform tables. I don't know much about it.

Quote from: Riskygodfather on March 05, 2006, 02:38:59 PM
Yay, welcome, I am from Canada too, have fun on the forums.

So where are you from? I'm here in Alberta.

Chief

Quote from: redeye on March 05, 2006, 08:57:02 AM

One thing I've always been a big fan of is Sci-Fi. I grew up watching Star Trek (TOS). I really believed this stuff was gonna happen when I grew up. Well I'm 38 now... Some of this stuff is reality and other stuff is fiction. I thought we'd be exploring planets and going off to distant galaxies with space ships. I guess I won't be seeing this in my lifetime.

Welcome aboard, compadre!

I feel ya here. Totally. One of my dreams is to get to see the Earth from up above, the space and to explore other planets. That won't be happening any time soon, but that's why I love sci fi. Makes dream!

"The Needs Of The Many, Out Weigh The Needs Of The Few, Or The One..."
Mr. Spock

Geekyfanboy

Hey Dave.. welcome to the group.. fellow collector here.. you have some awesome stuff...

Riskygodfather

Quote from: redeye on March 05, 2006, 08:48:47 PM
So where are you from? I'm here in Alberta.
I'm here in Toronto, Ontario. Been pretty warm this winter.

Admiral Anthony Out

Yeoman Mara

Welcome!  I'm pretty new too here.
A redhead with a lightsaber is a dangerous combination!

Javert

Welcome. My girlfriend used to live in Canada if that counts for anything.

redeye

Thanks for the welcome guys. Yes it has been a warm winter up here. Although we did get a dump of snow last weekend.

spock

Welcome aboard! I am Spock the logical one. well maybe not .
Visit the Unofficial Treks n Sci-Fi RPG forum http://spocksmac.byethost11.com/forum

Javert

2 freakin words... Candada Rocks Really hard

Riskygodfather

Admiral Anthony Out