• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Networks Reveal Strike Schedule

Started by Geekyfanboy, December 07, 2007, 08:54:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

Earlier in the week CBS announced its new schedule which begins in January 2008. It was loaded with unscripted reality programming. Today NBC released its schedule and, like CBS, its more of the same.

The only jewel in the crown will be the return of "Medium" on Monday nights. Apart from "Medium" the next few months will have more than its share of reality and game show programming in primetime. Some of the disasters heading our way on the Peacock Network is something called "Baby Borrowers," a reality show that puts real babies in the care of rowdy teenagers in an attempt to teach the teens a lesson in responsibility. Of God, and you thought "Kid Nation" was bad — tell me it isn't so — how low can we go.

There will be some new multiple episodes of NBC's long list of "Law & Order" spin-offs, and newcomer "Lipstick Jungle." NBC still has some new episodes left to air for shows such as "Friday Night Lights," "ER" and "Las Vegas." Whew, that's at least some relief from the boredom of reality TV. One of NBC's Internet only shows titled "Quarterlife" will make a move to network primetime.

"Medium" will begin its new season January 7 at 10PM EST. Of course, Howie Mandel's "Deal or No Deal" game show will be back on Monday in the 9PM timeslot. Another returnee, "American Gladiators" is also returning for a short run before being replace by that horrid idea "Baby Borrowers."

Some special entries include NBC's airing of the Golden Globe Awards, a look at a live call-in show called "The Guinness Book of World Records," a new and different version of "The Apprentice" and more such nonsence like that.

ABC will bring back "Lost" for eight episodes and CBS has seven new episodes of "Jericho" to air. Both of these really good SF shows will return in February 2008. We have more on that in this week's show #138. Also on tap are "The Sarah Connor Chronicles" and "New Amsterdam."

News from the picket lines is things don't look good for a resolution to the writer's strike anytime soon, which means we need to be prepared for a very cold and dismal winter on television.

billybob476

Looks like I'll be stocking up on DVD's of shows I haven't gotten around to watching yet.

Fanboy

"I aim to misbehave."

Darth Gaos

"Baby Borrowers"?    Who in LA-LA land came up with this and thought it would be a good idea?  What kind of release forms would have to be signed by the parties involved in this?  Which then leads to the question....Is it really "real"?  I have a hard time swallowing this.
I think it was Socrates who spoke the immortal words:  I drank WHAT?

space_invader64

Blackride

Ripley: Ash. Any suggestions from you or Mother?
Ash: No, we're still collating.
Ripley: [Laughing in disbelief] You're what? You're still collating? I find that hard to believe.