• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Star Trek : The Exhibition (formly known as The Tour)

Started by Geekyfanboy, December 05, 2007, 11:41:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackride

ohh yeah it's coming to Cleveland. I am there!
Ripley: Ash. Any suggestions from you or Mother?
Ash: No, we're still collating.
Ripley: [Laughing in disbelief] You're what? You're still collating? I find that hard to believe.

davekill

When it comes to Sacramento - I'm there!
A new movie and now a nation wide touring exhibition, could another series be near?

The auction at Christies's must have helped.

moyer777

Or we could go together when it's in Seattle?

:)

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Geekyfanboy

WooHoo... just got tickets for the Star Trek Tour. We decided to get the Captain's Package which is a three day pass. We figure this is a once in a lifetime event and both Harry and I are die hard Star Trek fans and we really wanted to enjoy it and not feel rushed. We are going Feb 1st through Feb 3rd. You can be sure that I will take lots of pictures and video (if we are allowed) and post what I can here.

Blackride

I wish they had dates for the Cleveland leg of the tour :(
Ripley: Ash. Any suggestions from you or Mother?
Ash: No, we're still collating.
Ripley: [Laughing in disbelief] You're what? You're still collating? I find that hard to believe.

Geekyfanboy

Well the Tour opened today.. and videos (you tube) should start coming in.. I found one of someone who was lucky and got to get a snake peek at the place...

I'M SO EXCITED.. I CAN'T WAIT TO GO.. A LITTLE OVER TWO WEEKS AND COUNTING!!!  :taz

Rico

OH MY GOD!  That looks great!  Kenny, I hope you are able to take a lot of pics when you go.  Can't wait to hear your report on it.

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Rico on January 18, 2008, 09:52:44 AM
OH MY GOD!  That looks great!  Kenny, I hope you are able to take a lot of pics when you go.  Can't wait to hear your report on it.

Oh you know it.. we have two digital camera (I'm thinking of buying a really good one for this) and we have a DV Cam and High 8 cam.. we are buying extra batteries for all of them...And we are going to three days which is going to be great.. no rushing around will get to enjoy the whole thing.

jedijeff

Looking forward to hearing your experiences Kenny, sounds like you will have plenty of time to see everything being shown.

Ktrek

I'm anticipating being able to see this as Dallas is listed as one of the 40 stops of the tour but how long that will be is anyone's guess. I would imagine sometime in 2009.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Ktrek

IESB.Net has some cool footage of interviews with William Shatner and also a video of what the Titan sequence with Wesley Crusher and Tuvok looks like. It's actually pretty awesome! And they also have quite a few pictures of the stars on opening day. Here is the link:

http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4146&Itemid=99

Doesn't this picture remind you of Generations?

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

davekill

Thanks for the link -
The Star Trek Tour: Bill Shatner Press Conference and Q&A is worth a look.
Shatner is very gracious about his current trek movie status and former roll as Captain of the Enterprise. You can't help but like him - he would have made a fine politician.

billybob476

Indeed, no one can help but love the Shat!

Geekyfanboy

OH MAN!!!!!! Watching that has made me even more excited for this... less then two week to go... I can't wait!!!!!!

Geekyfanboy

A friend when to the Tour last week and took a ton of photos.. he put them up on his Flickr account.. check them out.. Seeing stuff like this makes me even more excited to see this.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chiefranger/sets/72157603770894896/