• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Annoying Itunes issue, does anyone else have it?

Started by KingIsaacLinksr, November 28, 2007, 01:42:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KingIsaacLinksr

I've been having an issue with Itunes which seems to pop-up more and more.  When downloading podcasts, sometimes it will be complete.  However, when I go back to listen to it, it says: "file is not found".  Then I have to delete the podcast and redownload the podcast(s) because it can't seem to redownload it on its own.  Anybody have this issue/a way to fix this?

King Linksr
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Jen

It only happens to me at home; I have a slower connection there. It's worse in the evenings when people are home surfing the net or playing some MMO.

I would say since you have so much trouble with your college's internet set up, the issue is with your connection an not iTunes.
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: Jen on November 28, 2007, 02:58:08 PM
I would say since you have so much trouble with your college's internet set up, the issue is with your connection an not iTunes.

Figures.  Its been getting worse lately, I really want to know why too...its rediculous.  Can't wait to get home.

King LInksr

Jen

Do you have a lap top? You could go to a coffee shop that has wi fi. Sometimes on our lunch breaks here, Angela and I go to a local coffee shop and surf the boards.
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Rico

I agree with Jen that it's more a Net connection issue than iTunes.  I listen to quite a few podcasts and use iTunes and don't have any trouble using my cable connection at home.  One suggestion for you would be to not use iTunes to download podcasts.  Get a download manager program and download the shows manually.  Then just import them to iTunes and sync.  Probably would work better for you at school.

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: Jen on November 28, 2007, 03:02:44 PM
Do you have a lap top? You could go to a coffee shop that has wi fi. Sometimes on our lunch breaks here, Angela and I go to a local coffee shop and surf the boards.

Our nearest coffee shop is basicly on campus.  Its wireless is connected with the college.  I've tried at the nearby businesses like the Sub sandwhich place and etc and none have wireless signals. I have a tester that can detect signals.  And anything else is at least a 20-30 minute walk.  An hour if I want to go downtown.  Not having a car stinks. 

Quote from: Rico on November 28, 2007, 03:23:33 PM
I agree with Jen that it's more a Net connection issue than iTunes.  I listen to quite a few podcasts and use iTunes and don't have any trouble using my cable connection at home.  One suggestion for you would be to not use iTunes to download podcasts.  Get a download manager program and download the shows manually.  Then just import them to iTunes and sync.  Probably would work better for you at school.

Here is what rips.  1.  It downloads it, and I listen to maybe...idk....1 minute of it then have to shutthe computer down.  7 out of 10 times I try again and the fing thing says: "file cannot be found."  However, where can I get a good download manager?  It would be great if I could get one that pauses, tells me how long a file will download, etc.  And no, not firefox.  Currently, I have issues with Firefox.  Just not adapting with the software very well. 

Again, I would go somewhere else if I could, but its difficult as I haven't found any coffee shops or places like it with an active signal within 15 mins of the campus.  Yes, we don't have starbucks right off our doorstep because our population consists of 1/2 of what starbucks wants before it will move in.  2000 ppl.  They want 4000 before they'll consider it.  Which is sad as we would have more than enough business for them.  Oh well.

Wow....went off on a tangent there.  My bad.

King Linksr

Jen

It's probably timing out before it downloads the entire file. The same thing happens to me at home. SLOOOOOOOW connections bite. :)
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: Jen on November 28, 2007, 06:47:10 PM
It's probably timing out before it downloads the entire file. The same thing happens to me at home. SLOOOOOOOW connections bite. :)

Yep, just checked and it said it timed out.....grrrrrrr

King Linksr